Thread: Network Probem,help Please,

My local network nvidia nforce mcp networking says its unplugged how do i fix it?
    Well heres the prob, i dont know which one because i seem to have plugged them all in already. You see it was working a couple of hours then my mom asked me to install a new printer so i did but thne that's when the litte monitor thing with an x across it comes on.Thank You Very Much.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    One end has to be plugged into the network port, the other into your hub/router/switch or whatever you've got. The network chip has to detect an active network device on the other end of the cable.

If everything seems to be plugged in ok, does your hub have an uplink port and are you plugged into that port. It may have a little button to switch between normal and uplink mode. Try toggling that switch or try another port.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Where's the network lugin thing?Thank you.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If your network cable is not plugged into a powered up network device like a hub, router or switch it will say that it is unplugged, eventhough it is not, just the power is off. Check the cable, maybe the wires don't have a proper contact with the interface port.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    So the usb cable of the dsl modem should be plugged into the 4-way usb port instead of the com?Because it worked yesterday and i amde it work once except i can remember.Thank You Very Much.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Are you sure you are talking about usb cables and not ethernet cables?

The end of a usb cable has a shroud around the outside and 4(I think) pins on the inside. It is a simple push to fit/pull to remove. Normally, the connectors at each end are differently shaped.

The end of an ethernet cable has no shroud, it has 8 pins on one side and a clip on the other side. It is a simple push to fit, but you have to press the clip to remove it. The connectors at each end are identical.

Your nforce network port is definitely an ethernet connection.

I have no way of knowing if what you describe as the 4-way usb port is actually usb or is in fact an ethernet hub. If it is an ethernet hub, then your dsl modem connection must also be ethernet. If it is a usb hub then it has nothing at all to do with your network port.

We need to know what sort of connections you are talking about to really help you further.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.