Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Bitcoin is the equivalent of a real estate investor selling oceanfront property in Arizona. It doesn't actually exist and he doesn't have anything real to sell, but people start bidding for it, so it gains in "value". Others see that this could be a hot "property", so new people put real money in to purchase 1/1000th of the property. Eventually, as these shares fluctuate, some investors sell off their shares; others get in.

Enjoy your invisible, intangible, hyper-inflated, "currency" but understand that it is no more real than the imaginary property in my example. As soon as people realize there is nothing but hope, dreams, and fantasy behind it, it will have no real storage of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Stock trading artificially inflates or devalues the worth of something as does trading in currency and to some extent,commodities . I firmly believe something should be worth what it's actually worth...which btw isn't what people hoping to make a profit are necessarily willing to pay for it.
    Flipping houses and real estate speculation artificially inflates home prices and a whole area's property values and municipal taxes to the point that a lot of decent,hard working people can't afford to either buy or continue to live in a home. Of course it isn't the same as selling organs because one is done out of desperation and the other out of greed.
    As your ridiculous point about "free will" I'm pretty sure most wrongs in this world are done by people of their own volition so your "point" is a truly silly one.

As for "not understanding" which is perilously close to being assumption and as such based on nothing tenable , .I likewise don't fully understand what motivates certain people to torture animals but that that still doesn't stop me from knowing that it's wrong.

Now say how I can't compare torturing animals to flipping homes and further demonstrate your inability to think abstractly.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Money is valued by the exchange demand for that currency. If more items are being purchased with dollars, then that value goes up. Same for Pounds, Yen, etc. (even Canadian dollars, sometimes)

The same can be said for BitCoin. If more merchants are accepting it for payment, then its "value" goes up. However, it really is just Pixie Dust.

I do not mirror your belief regarding investment in real property, Idol. Outside of mattresses and buried coffee cans, wealth will either be stored in something, or will be placed in a bank, which will then be invested in something by those Jews bankers. Either way, money is invested and/or stored.

I remember you mentioning having a very early edition of a Spiderman comic. I doubt you'd sell it for the price stamped on the upper right corner.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I suppose that would entirely depend on who I was selling it to.

As for your Google understanding of money, look up floating exchange rate and then be smart enough to know that most of the determining factor statistics are subject to speculation and fudging and to some degree, politics.Or maybe at Wharton they taught you that RMBs an yens aren't worth snot because Asian people don't buy anything.

Seriously, the whole World went to hell when Goldfinger blew up Fort Knox and destroyed the gold standard.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I believe this sums it up nicely.

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-09-2015 at 01:18 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Honestly, I know fuck all about this equation.
    Isn't it embarrassing when your kids know more than you do.

Spoiler: Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    FermatsSpiral_1000.gif

I need this pattern with an expanding gap between the two lines as they go outwards. The one on the right.

kthxbai
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    FermatsSpiral_1000.gif

I need this pattern with an expanding gap between the two lines as they go outwards. The one on the right.

kthxbai
    http://digi-area.com/DifferentialGeo...lar-Spiral.php

Closest I could come up with. If you are working with that, you might be able to tweak the second line based on the same formula as they seem to be following similar paths, but in opposite directions.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-09-2015 at 10:38 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Just be careful where (with whom) You will trade, there is a lot of sites that You actually cant do nothing with what you "earn"

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    FermatsSpiral_1000.gif

kthxbai
    http://digi-area.com/DifferentialGeo...lar-Spiral.php

Closest I could come up with. If you are working with that, you might be able to tweak the second line based on the same formula as they seem to be following similar paths, but in opposite directions.
    You sir are a good man. I salute you.
    Now go away.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast