Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: FileSharingTalk.com Welcome **READ THIS**

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    We had a mild winter and have laughed at all the places that have gotten it bad this year.

Can't say I blame you for having an annual migratory pattern.
    you could our closest neighbor to you buffalo new York got hit a lot worse than we did a few times state of emergency there

I wish I could stay 4 months down south but work and kids stop that fast and I got along way to go for retirement

you are luckier your drive to a warmer climate is a lot closer

I always drive I hate flying unless I have too, plus the flights out of Canada to US the prices are craaaaaazy high!!!

you guys can fly around your county for less than what we pay in fuel and provincial tax

but the bonus no worries about Obama care (health)
    Last edited by shaina; 03-19-2015 at 06:37 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #922
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    We are planning a family trip to West Yellowstone during mid to late July. We don't fly, but usually get one decent vacation every year- it's important for the kids to see cool stuff. I swore (a lot) to my wife that we'd never return to Yellowstone after our last trip there (before the birth of the kids). Service was on par with what you'd expect if a large group of 16 year olds got together and ran a tourist town.

Yeah, Obama Care. I could not afford insurance before, but when it became mandatory, I called for quotes. Turns out we (I) don't 'qulify' for any kind of reduction because "I was 'eligible' to purchase insurance through my wife's work. That's OK, my kids didn't really need that $400 per month for anything, anyway...

Thanks, Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #923
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    We are planning a family trip to West Yellowstone during mid to late July. We don't fly, but usually get one decent vacation every year- it's important for the kids to see cool stuff. I swore (a lot) to my wife that we'd never return to Yellowstone after our last trip there (before the birth of the kids). Service was on par with what you'd expect if a large group of 16 year olds got together and ran a tourist town.

Yeah, Obama Care. I could not afford insurance before, but when it became mandatory, I called for quotes. Turns out we (I) don't 'qulify' for any kind of reduction because "I was 'eligible' to purchase insurance through my wife's work. That's OK, my kids didn't really need that $400 per month for anything anyway...
    Thanks, Obama.
    that trip sounds great

MEGABYTEME
    tell me something??

you try to tell me this is a talk site first (FILE SHARING TALK)??

yet looks like over 600 members here and you got less than 10 of them actually posting (you bloody got me hooked now!!!!)

the odd time I am here and I pick up the odd nzb so I needed 3 the other day and it locked me out after 2 so I read a little bit and saw you need 10 post (already had 5 or 6) to bump to 10 downloads so I thaught a few hellos and a few appreciate the work and I be done and on my way back to being a ghost

now have a little more understanding of forum twisted humor and at 26

go figure!!!

but I do have 2 other nzb sites I frequently use and paid for along time (lifetime on one and the other 3years and download close to a terabyte a month )

and they are true hard core nzb sites ,and there, they have many more posters posting there and I am like a ghost there I really never post on either site (except pm moderator if there is a issue)

if this is supposed to be more of a posters site?? (between you and IdolEyes787 both of you multiple posts that I see )

what is up with that?????
    Last edited by shaina; 03-19-2015 at 12:40 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #924
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If everything was black and white there would be no Chinese.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #925
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    If everything was black and white there would be no Chinese.
    WOW do you get around!!!

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #926
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Yeah but I'm getting bugged driving up and down the same old strip.
    I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #927
    Pnish
    Hi,
    Greetings from a 41year old N00B .
    Irc and Usenetter since the dark ages

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #928
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnish View Post
    Hi,
    Greetings from a 41year old N00B .
    Irc and Usenetter since the dark ages
    IRC, that brings back memories.... really slow and hard to work (e.g. "like Linux") memories but command line is king welcome to the nzb file index era, didn`t have them crazy things back when I was hatched which you come close to at a meager 41 (bloody kids).

Welcome anyway buddy and enjoy

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #929
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    MEGABYTEME
    tell me something??

you try to tell me this is a talk site first (FILE SHARING TALK)??
    I see filesharing as nothing more than access to the world's greatest library. Everyone here has access to all of these resources, free of charge, and can do with them as their interests take them.

That said, it does pave the way for interesting interactions iff people take the time to share those experiences, joys, interests, etc. We also get people from all around the globe. This place was once a hotbed of interesting, knowledgeable, funny members. I've had some of my greatest laughs on this site.

Things have slowed. Old-timers have wandered off (prison and mental institutions, mostly, I believe), but do stop in from time-to-time when they can break into a room with a computer.

I'm of the mindset that a forum can be revitalized by 10-15 regular, interesting, devoted members each making 10-ish posts per day. Others will read, and occasionally contribute to the conversations. With nearly unlimited access to digital media, there's plenty to talk about.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #930
    welcome everyone!