Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: FileSharingTalk.com Welcome **READ THIS**

noob here....wishing to enjoy learning the ropes and getting to the treasures that must lurk within. Thanks for the chance to feel at home and enjoy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnish View Post
    Hi,
    Greetings from a 41year old N00B .
    Irc and Usenetter since the dark ages
    64 year old here trying to access new info as I can absorb it. I have played with Usenet a long time with Free Agent and recently Agent. The content sources there have dried up so far as I can tell but this site seems to offer good items and great chat about the technology.

Just for the record, are other free for use file sharing sites around? During registrations, I have gotten smacked by demands for a user name longer than 3 characters even though the user name I give is already 3 characters. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hello FST colleagues. I trust we will get to know one another better as we share files or just leech files.

Quote Originally Posted by bladex452 View Post
    welcome everyone!
    Last edited by piercerseth; 04-01-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: merged

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #932
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    MEGABYTEME
    tell me something??

you try to tell me this is a talk site first (FILE SHARING TALK)??
    I see filesharing as nothing more than access to the world's greatest library. Everyone here has access to all of these resources, free of charge, and can do with them as their interests take them.

That said, it does pave the way for interesting interactions iff people take the time to share those experiences, joys, interests, etc. We also get people from all around the globe. This place was once a hotbed of interesting, knowledgeable, funny members. I've had some of my greatest laughs on this site.

Things have slowed. Old-timers have wandered off (prison and mental institutions, mostly, I believe), but do stop in from time-to-time when they can break into a room with a computer.

I'm of the mindset that a forum can be revitalized by 10-15 regular, interesting, devoted members each making 10-ish posts per day. Others will read, and occasionally contribute to the conversations. With nearly unlimited access to digital media, there's plenty to talk about.
    I can say without a doubt

Great site
    Great people (even the twisted)
    Glad I joined (even being free)

holy crap I have 32 posts !!!!! what the hell!!!!
    Last edited by shaina; 03-20-2015 at 06:28 AM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #933
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    It is the "meg-affect" I am now upto 0.05 posts for the time I have lurked here and most of those have only been the last couple of months

I do believe there is some kind of subliminal 'posting' message being encoded in all his posts..... or it could be none of us have a life and should get out more, who knows..... Idol probably

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #934
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    It is the "meg-affect" I am now upto 0.05 posts for the time I have lurked here and most of those have only been the last couple of months

I do believe there is some kind of subliminal 'posting' message being encoded in all his posts..... or it could be none of us have a life and should get out more, who knows..... Idol probably
    I think I amazes me how minds can sometimes think??

then when it is typed or written

WOW !!!

the best word I can use

but it is time for me to take a break from the forums and go back to being a ghost

thanks to everyone for some great and interesting conversations

have a wonderful day

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #935
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    but it is time for me to take a break from the forums and go back to being a ghost
    You`ll be back, it is hard to resist after a while.... I need to go to posting rehab myself now.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #936
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    You`ll be back, it is hard to resist after a while.... I need to go to posting rehab myself now.
    ok you are probably right also hope I did that notification right that you sent me

thanks

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #937
    xouxou
    Hello guys ! i'm french and I would like to say thx u for your very good job!

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #938
    [QUOTE=Pnish;3761194]Hi,
    Greetings from a 41year old N00B .
    Irc and Usenetter since the dark ages[/QUOTE

So we write 5 posts and hang in 3 weeks to get access to the filesharing....That is a good policy. It should weed out some folks who are really interested.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #939
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty_6 View Post
    So we write 5 posts and hang in 3 weeks to get access to the filesharing....That is a good policy. It should weed out some folks who are really interested.
    It goes quickly, then you are set for ALL eternity, so the investment is minimal. And in the meantime, you can access nearly all of the site's other sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #940
    ScienceNET
    Thank you!