Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your View On Belgium

Hello all,

Sometimes I hear strange things about Belgium, my homecountry.

So i wanted to know what you think about Belgium.

Do you know it? Do you know where to find it on a globe?
    Are we too small to consider important?
    Do we have a pedofil in every street?
    Do you know Belgian movies, music, drinks, food?
    Was the way Belgium acted in the Irac-discussion good? Do you know how they actually acted?

I guess we could do this for every country in the world, and it would show we have a lot of wrong ideas about the 'unknown'. But maybe i'm wrong and are most people very openminded and comprehensive.

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have been to Belgium a few times on holiday. I found the people very friendly and courteous. They know how to enjoy life and that is what it is all about. As far as their politics are concerned, that is for the Belgian people to decide. I will gladly go back there any day on holiday. I have been on holiday to both Ostende and Brussels. Great chocolates.

P.S. Send the tickets.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I like Belgian beers, but I thought driving on the roads was scary as the Belgian drivers are insane.

I'm sorry I don't know very much else about Belgium, except that the French tell jokes about them in the same was as the English tell jokes about the Irish...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Double Agent
    omg belgium is heaven man

dude i was eating chocolates with this hot girl on the beach and we made out like dogs. Later i went to her parents' house had wonder dinner and then stayed over and had the most incredible sex ever!!!!

Belgium rox!!!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    thanks, i guess that you have friendly people in all countries ...
    and concerning the political opinion, i really would like to know the opinions on iraq, terrorism and belgium.

ps: if people tell where theyre from, it gives a better idea. If you're from england you will know more about belgium than an australian.

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i'm from america, nice to meet you KeyserH. This thread pretty much sums up what I think of the government. As for the people, aside from their political views, which I don't agree with at all, I didn't notice anything special. Strange language, though.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Belgian Waffles and Jupiler Beer are to die for.....

and so is Skweeky

The people ive met from there are very friendly, and its one of the most laid back places on Earth. If the Belgian people get their hackles up enough to be assertive about something, then that topic should be looked at.....it must be serious.

How many countries can claim they won independence due to boistrous students coming out of an Opera? They are so laid back about stuff usually, that the Dutch thought the shit had hit the fan

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@24 November 2003 - 18:39
    How many countries can claim they won independence due to boistrous students coming out of an Opera? They are so laid back about stuff usually, that the Dutch thought the shit had hit the fan
    Hey!!
    They used pots and pans to fight, what can you do against those weapons of mass coo...ehh destruction...

'English impaired'

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    hmm... what do i (an American) know about Belgium...

it's a small, French/Dutch-speaking country. prolly their most well-known cultural exports are Magritte, Tintin, the Smurfs, and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Continental Europeans seem to make a lot of jokes about Belgium that i don't really understand (i guess because i'm not European).

i don't know anything about Belgian politics.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Nothing wrong with Belgium....it's the Belgium people, that's the problem!!!

No seriously, great country, great people, great beer!

Love Skweeky and miss Bender....

Er komt een Belgische bouwvakker tijdelijk te werken op de bouw in Nederland. Als ze 's middags gaan schaften pakken de Nederlandse bouwvakkers hun broodtrommel en hun thermosfles. Dan zegt de Belg: "Wat hebben jullie daar dan voor ding??"
    "Tja", zeggen de Nederlanders, "dat is nu een thermosfles." "Wat kun je daar mee doen dan?" "Daar kun je warm in houden wat warm moet blijven en koud in houden wat koud moet blijven." Dus die Belg ook zo'n thermosfles gekocht.
    Komt de Belg een paar weken later weer in Belgie op de bouw en daar zien zijn collega's die thermosfles. Vragen ze: "Wat heb jij daar dan?" "Dat is nu een thermosfles, daar kun je in warm houden wat warm moet blijven en koud houden wat koud moet blijven."
    Zeggen zijn collega's: "Wat heb je er in dan?"
    Zegt die belg: "Koffie en een ijsje."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast