Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to FST. Literally the greatest giveaway ever(and ever is a really long time)

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    I`m not he is a cunt. This is the Idol response acceptable way of responding to any thread. Yeah ain`t it fun to be abusive

Apologies to Meg, I should of posted a picture of a candle
    Go on now, show us your valuable contributions. Let's see you do more than just bitch about stuff. Floor is all yours...

EDIT- A special Grimbley colored 'candle' in honor of all his valuable contributions to date:

Last edited by megabyteme; 07-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #172
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Forums are for opinions and, you would hope, help and not really contributions (but agree that is somewhat subjective to the site). Please do tell me how Idols content was "useful" to anyone.

I appreciate some posts are good and some bad but do I need to post 20000 more hate shite to be worth while in your "Idol" eyes?

EDIT- I will no longer play with the forums but will continue, until banned, to post into the NZB section. Good luck with your crusade
    Gri(m)bley over and out.... but out of interest to some admin type, what is my post count in NZB section (just original posts)?
    Last edited by Gribley; 07-17-2015 at 03:24 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #173
    Since NZB's are largely, "look what I found, here it is", I can exceed all your contributions by posting an index page from a good torrent site. Check. Mate.

PS

-------------------------------------

Edit2- I still fully expect the wonderful Idol Grimbley to re-appear at some unfortunate point. He has managed to monitor and hide (suspect only) up-to now but it will not last.

Rgds
    Grimbley Mega (some may call it Gribley me Meg)
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-17-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #174
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Meg ...

Are you really blaming Gribley for Idol deciding to take a break or leave FST???
    Are you saying that Gribley is the Idol Buster???

I know you and Idol have been here along time and seen people (good and bad ) come and go......But me being here a short time I can say just by observing ... Idol was not the most liked person and was not winning any awards for most liked on FST .....
    Now did I like Idol??? Yes .... Did I think he could be a real ASS!!?? Yes

But all of that was either overlooked or ignored because he did his purpose here by contributing in his way .....
    And so does Gribley.....So you attacking and blaming just Gribley just sounds pretty ridiculous and unrealistic too me..
    Heck you could blame me as well for going after Idol every once and a while......Or many other people that disliked the guy ...
    And me going after him was warranted sometimes (well most of the time!!), and if not I admitted wrong doing and worked out our differences and moved on

But I can say "IT WAS HIS CHOICE" to do what he wanted to do leave or stay..... No one forced him what to do...

Will I miss him ??? Yes Did he have a good side??? Yes ... Did it have to be pulled out of him most of the time?? It sure fuckin did!!!!!

But trying to blame other people for Idol leaving ...... He would have left along time ago if that was the issue ......

Gribley is not to blame !!

He is voicing his opinions while a lot of people stay silent ..... that is something I do and can believe...
    Like that or not .. It makes more sense.....

PS. If I choose to post in the word games and not the lounge does that mean I am hiding too??
    People here can do what they want when they want .... Someone I respect told me that once or twice ... Guess who that was???

Your Friend
    Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 07-17-2015 at 11:59 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #175
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Are you really blaming Gribley for Idol deciding to take a break or leave FST???
    Are you saying that Gribley is the Idol Buster???
    You've gotta start keeping a dictionary handy instead of skipping the words you don't understand.

From yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I do appreciate your friendship and kind words, Shay. As I said in the PM I just sent, I am mourning the absence of a friend I have had daily interactions and fun with for several years. I'm not feeling very jovial right now.

As for 'not caring about the whiners', we all have our breaking point. I'll mix some metaphors here, but think "straw that broke the camel's back" or picture a grasshopper getting overtaken by numbers of ants on an anthill- eventually the pissants get enough bites in.

Honestly, I suspect lack of appreciation, non-contributing lurkers, and give-away invitees who weren't worth the kindness, all contributed. I can't speak for him, but I know him fairly well, so I'll make my best guess. Most people don't realize what they have until it is gone.

This thread was similar to several others Idol did over the years. He created false scenarios for those, as well (this was clearly meant to be a joke). These all drew a lot of attention and were fun. He did his best to find worthy invitees for each one. In fact, I know he even donated money to get invites at certain rare sites to give people what they REALLY wanted. For his efforts, many people failed to live upto their words.

Honestly, I do not know if he is coming back.

For all those who shot their mouths off repeatedly about how much better the site would be without Idol...

NOW is your fucking chance- SHOW us how you want this site to be. Contribute your asses off. Step up or shut up, bitches.
    Grumbley was just a persistent bitcher. He doesn't know how to make things better, but sure knows how to keep yapping away. Fuck him and anyone else who can't make a real contribution, but cries (incessantly) at those who are.

He got what he wanted- whether or not he was the cause, he should now step up and show us just how fucking great his way is.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #176
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Forums are for opinions and, you would hope, help and not really contributions (but agree that is somewhat subjective to the site). Please do tell me how Idols content was "useful" to anyone.
    I appreciate some posts are good and some bad but do I need to post 20000 more hate shite to be worth while in your "Idol" eyes?
    EDIT- I will no longer play with the forums but will continue, until banned, to post into the NZB section. Good luck with your crusade
    Gri(m)bley over and out.... but out of interest to some admin type, what is my post count in NZB section (just original posts)?
    First off....It is going to be difficult for you to get banned , because you really do nothing to warrant to be banned...
    As for not posting in forums ....That is just ridiculous !!! And I know your skin is thicker than that....
    So you didn't like Idol or his methods of posting (get in line there were lots!!).... So what he did served a purpose here good and bad and that is that!!
    There were spurts he did show some realism and you did see a nice person in there (yes it is me saying that!!)....
    Did he stop other people from posting in the forums or discourage them?? well time will tell ... In my opinion he did none of those things , but we will see right??
    And in-between the crap there was a nice guy in there and it did show up after so many posts (and it took some provoking or attacking back but he did open up) , and that is the type of personality he chose to betray here... .
    But the Fuckin guy was loyal and took the time to keep up this forum and you do have to give him credit for that (and I do!!)...
    Anybody liking the guy or not , he fit a role here that did make these forums unique and sometimes fun to read and contribute back...
    And like clockwork he was here pretty much every day and did what he did well.....
    Like or dislike the guy , he will be missed!!!
    But so would you , his role was his , and yours is yours ....
    You saying you are done posting in forums doesn't solve anything !!!

That's it!!!

PS.. Went through all the people that did post here (was bored a curious), 7 people (321 post to 3165 , and there was a few more with low numbers I didn't account for ) in all the time I have been here have not once seen a post in the lounge from them , but seem to come out of the woodwork to either ask for a invite or say something bad about Idol , or just say goodbye ...But I have not seen one post in the lounge (where we post that is ) by any of them ..... So what the fuck is that!!!!
    And is that going to change?? I highly doubt it
    And Meg if you want the names and stats I have them (I was really bored!!)...

Everyone that does post here is a asset no matter what is said or done....

That is my opinion.....
    Last edited by shaina; 07-18-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #177
    the obscure place would be great, well it depends on which site as i have almost all obscure ones

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #178
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hmm…wonder how many left because of idol or did stay silent because of him? When I first joined, this place was alive. Now it isn't as much. And there is no point flogging a dead horse. Idol was a rude person to many. Fact. Simple fact. He butted in where he had no business and tried to make people look bad when he had no right to. Gribley is well entitled to his opinion. As is any other. People need to log off if they are getting offended. This whole debate doesn't matter. We have people who didn't know him, didn't like him, didn't respect him, liked him, respected him. Same as any community or society. We just have to learn to get along. He is gone. For good? Probably not. But who cares. He doesn't or any other member of this site, have any affect on my life.

Personally, I think this thread has gone way off topic and should be locked and if anyone wants to continue their conversations, do it in private because I suspect many are fed up of looking at their BS between the love sick puppies and the haters.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #179
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions00 View Post
    Hmm…wonder how many left because of idol or did stay silent because of him? When I first joined, this place was alive. Now it isn't as much. And there is no point flogging a dead horse. Idol was a rude person to many. Fact. Simple fact. He butted in where he had no business and tried to make people look bad when he had no right to. Gribley is well entitled to his opinion. As is any other. People need to log off if they are getting offended. This whole debate doesn't matter. We have people who didn't know him, didn't like him, didn't respect him, liked him, respected him. Same as any community or society. We just have to learn to get along. He is gone. For good? Probably not. But who cares. He doesn't or any other member of this site, have any affect on my life.
    Personally, I think this thread has gone way off topic and should be locked and if anyone wants to continue their conversations, do it in private because I suspect many are fed up of looking at their BS between the love sick puppies and the haters.
    I am not saying I don't agree with you .....And I am not trying to be rude , but you have been here since 2004 and I started here in 2013 , but didn't really start posting on the forums til this year , and most of the time it is fun (even with Idol)

I assume at one time threelions00 you did post more frequently in the forums (by your post count) , can I ask you why you stopped posting in the lounge??
    And your analogy of Idol is spot on and I wouldn't argue with any of it.. Other than I didn't mind him in the forums I was in (if I didn't like what he said or did I let him know it!!)

And Gribley is one of my closer friends here.. Just to let you know...

Edit: And Meg as well (sorry for leaving you out at first

Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 07-18-2015 at 04:09 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #180
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Leaving is easy.Comedy is hard.Sheesh.

Anyway apparently they do have internets here in Pago Pago as there's a US army base but seriously where isn't there one?.

The trip went well except for some foul weather that put us precariously close to sailing off the edge of the World.|
    I'm also pretty sure I saw a sea monster.

Not going to bother reading everything that was said in my absence since presumably it was boring but......

In my experience two-faced cowards,bratty children and cockroaches are a few things emboldened by my absence so apparently a couple of members are one or more of those.
    Feigning moral outrage typically works better if not slagging someone in the same breath.
    Locking a thread and moving to PMs in a forum already dearth of activity only makes sense if you feel you are always right and everyone else doesn't matter.
    If I'm "rude" then what are the people who are always telling other people what they should or shouldn't do? I'll help out with this one, it starts with having a micro and ends with phallus.

As for Shay's point about me being "loyal", true but if he actually had the awareness not to be friends with people like Gribley then he would realize that (blind) loyalty isn't always a good thing or so the Hitler Youth taught me.

Anyway I suggest some of you stop pretending to be so mature and actually grow-up.After all it's just words and more perceptive types will note that there's rarely,if ever any malice behind mine.

Also ......

Respect my lack of authority.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast