Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What is the best client these days?

Hazardous's Avatar Material
    uTorrent 2.2.1 (Build 25302) was the best upon release and it still pretty much is the best. Other clients are equal to, but none are really better than this old horse.

qBittorrent is great also, it's the best client if you are on anything other than Windows (OSX Linux etc) and is basically just uTorrent 2.2.1 remade after uTorrent went all stupid. If for some reason you don't want to use uTorrent 2.2.1, and like most people who use qBittorrent, think this is a godsend after dealing with uTorrent post 3.0 when in reality this is just uTorrent 2.2.1 repackaged.

Deluge is also pretty sweet. However unlike qBittorrent there are actually reasons to use Deluge over uTorrent 2.2.1 if you are on Windows. It has awesome plugins that can do extra stuff that is mostly unneeded, and sacrifices some of the great things that q and u have, for those other great things. To each their own but its worth a try.

Transmission is OK, but no reason to use it on OSX instead of qBittorrent really. And the Windows version is the same, no reason to use it over the 3 above.

Vuze sucks

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    richasis's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazardous View Post
    uTorrent 2.2.1 (Build 25302) was the best upon release and it still pretty much is the best. Other clients are equal to, but none are really better than this old horse.

qBittorrent is great also, it's the best client if you are on anything other than Windows (OSX Linux etc) and is basically just uTorrent 2.2.1 remade after uTorrent went all stupid. If for some reason you don't want to use uTorrent 2.2.1, and like most people who use qBittorrent, think this is a godsend after dealing with uTorrent post 3.0 when in reality this is just uTorrent 2.2.1 repackaged.

Deluge is also pretty sweet. However unlike qBittorrent there are actually reasons to use Deluge over uTorrent 2.2.1 if you are on Windows. It has awesome plugins that can do extra stuff that is mostly unneeded, and sacrifices some of the great things that q and u have, for those other great things. To each their own but its worth a try.

Transmission is OK, but no reason to use it on OSX instead of qBittorrent really. And the Windows version is the same, no reason to use it over the 3 above.

Vuze sucks
    ^ REP-worthy, that.
    ...and that's more than the prolific posters on FST can say, because... well, they're prolific posters on FST.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    m7b's Avatar raison d'être BT Rep: +4
    vuze is best client

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I used to use uTorrent when I started
    I use qBittorrent now and could not be happier. I've tried other clients and just not been happy with either the layout or the performance - I think it comes down to the language it uses there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    I've tried the main ones, with optimal configuration. The best speed I got out of qBittorrent.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    I tried utorrent, qbittorent, vuze, deluge, transmission.
    I vote for qbittorent, mainly because it is opensource, feature rich, and easy to work with, no big downsides

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    qbittorent is pretty handy.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Just tried Vuze and for some reason could never get decent download speeds. Used Tixati, speeds good. But IMHO interface sucks, too gaudy. Now using uTorrent 2.2.1 (Build 25302). Like it. Good download speeds and uncluttered interface.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    thedemon44's Avatar Poster
    I'm still happy with uTorrent 1.8.1 It works extremely well, and all private trackers accept it. Why change?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345