Thread: x264 1080p Category

Hey Guys,
    Does anyone else get disappointed when they see a movie they have been waiting to come out and see it, only to find it is a WEBDL or WEBRip? I have a dedicated home theatre (like many im sure) and I like to get the proper 1080p as the blueray files sizes are too big. I have made a couple of icons that could hep distinguish the different ones. I do realise that the title of each do say what it is, but a couple of times I have misread them and downloaded them anyway.

I hope this is of help to the posters and/or administrators. I have attached the icons and have them as any file type needed.

Web-DL-1080.jpg 5.1-Web-R.jpg

Cheers,
    Dubs

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    so many views and no replies. did i post this in the wrong section??

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    so many views and no replies. did i post this in the wrong section??
    I think no one really cares. You'll eventually get used to it.

Also, file size is a pretty good indicator for that shit. Don't spend too much of your life focused on aesthetics because you'll become a shallow twat without realizing it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Most of the time they are clearly marked as WEB-DL/WEBRIP so its up to the user to properly read the post. I doubt an icon is going to makes much a difference

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    I agree with me mjMacky no body cares they watch it as ts

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    are they going to add a 4K category

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Yea file size pretty much sums it up. WEB-DL isn't bad none the less. I look at the file size. 1080p x264 mkv 8+ gigs is generally what you want to look for. pretty close to Blu-Ray avg size 40+ gigs.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    If you watch your movies on a 100 inch+ screen with a projector even 8+gigs mkvs can be too small.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    @ thurman
    yes you are right, i have 2,7m screen and a web dl is pure torture..
    best ist the BR and than extract the .m2ts

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Web downloads usually get out first. If it's too low bitrate for you, then you have to wait for the DVD/Blu-ray rips to arrive. They are not usually far behind.