Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    To me that is a double ended sword..
    Also Mary wants me to tell you that the phrase is "a double-edged sword".

By my posts it's fairly obvious that I believe that a person has the God-given right to desecrate the English language as much as they please but that's me and Mary's a bit of a word Nazi in case you hadn't noticed.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Lokeren v Anderlecht called off as Brussels terror alert raised

Anderlecht's match at Lokeren in the Belgian first division has been postponed, with the league saying "safety could not be guaranteed".

Extra police were needed at the "high-risk" game, to be played 75km (47 miles) from Brussels, but officers had to stay in the capital amid fears of an attack "like the one in Paris".

The decision to call off the game was taken by the mayor of Lokeren.

The day's other matches in the Pro League will take place as scheduled.

Some of the attackers who killed 130 people in Paris lived in Brussels, where the terror alert level has been raised to the highest level.

No football matches will take place in the Belgian capital, where people have been told to avoid crowds.

Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel said the decision to raise the threat level was "based on quite precise information about the risk of an attack like the one that happened in Paris... where several individuals with arms and explosives launch actions, perhaps even in several places at the same time".
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Also Mary wants me to tell you that the phrase is "a double-edged sword".

By my posts it's fairly obvious that I believe that a person has the God-given right to desecrate the English language as much as they please but that's me and Mary's a bit of a word Nazi in case you hadn't noticed.
    Yes he can be a little Anal but it is always done with good intentions, not with hostility...
    And with all the internet slang and everything else used to communicate/express what you are trying to say, not being face to face. I would have to say anything goes today

As for interviewing multiple people to get that response... I would agree with you if he wasn't the only interviewer getting that kind of response, there were many......
    But that isn't the biggest issue....

And this Guy knocks every faith, and i agree with a lot he says when you use faith/beliefs to kill other human beings as a excuse for other agendas..And having the Power and Control over everyone and dictate how people should be afraid if they don't conform...
    Hell Communism use to be the big fear, but this shit is waaaaaaaay worse!!!
    And every religion has radicals in it, but the Muslim faith just seems to have tooo many, and it is time the rest of them admit to the problem and at least try to fix it...

The biggest problem in Religion is how you interpret it... then the big fear is having a strong salesmen sell it his/her way and say it is right and you do it my way or die!!!!

You should watch some of his Debates/Lectures, i found them quite interesting
    Last edited by shaina; 11-21-2015 at 11:53 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    And every religion has radicals in it, but the Muslim faith just seems to have tooo many, and it is time the rest of them admit to the problem and at least try to fix it...
    On this we can agree.

Obama himself refuses to use the term "Muslim" in reference to any terrorists.
    Funny thing is that he didn't have that problem a few years ago.

Anyway here's a viewpoint from a couple of liberals who aren't yet browbeaten into being overly PC.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    On this we can agree.
    Your post is great and true, but being realistic, It is like putting a Egalitarian Female Rabbi in the spotlight..... Do i agree with it?? NO... Do i respect that a women chooses to study a religious faith and be equal?? Yes.... now how is that possible?? well to me i base that on evolution, and for people to stop any religion to rule the world, you may not like progression, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a right of choice....And i don't have to pray with Her..
    To me, life should be based on always having the freedom of choice. Now again that can be dangerous as well... But if laws are put in place for the better good of everyone that chooses to live there lives, and if you don't like the rules of the Country you are in??? MOVE OUT!!!!
    The things i really liked about Christopher Hitchens lectures comparison to the Video you posted, The Muslim women chooses to have Faith but not be ruled by it nor change the interpretation to benefit herself for reasoning of killing or reducing human rights or just basic life..

Hitchen's says it similar but Faith base ruling will never progress... Yet the rulers/leaders like Hamas, ISIS, Iran, and other Muslim Countries/States choose to give to charities or ask for charitable donations based on Religion/Faith, yet they murder hundreds of thousands of there own people, but faith is the draw that they are doing good and that is what is put up front...Yet the Muslim people never see a penny of that money(used to try to destroy Israel and other freedom living countries/states, and line the leaders pockets, Like ISIS selling oil on the black market now), but if a word or complaint is said in public they will be killed!!!
    In my Religion there is Radical Rabbis as well, but they don't kill there own people, or try to Annihilate everyone that doesn't want to conform, but they do pray and preach for it, but the laws of the land are the laws of the land, and if you break them you will be punished according to agreed laws by the people not the faith of a book, Koran or Torah or Statue...
    In any religion there are degrees of faith you choose to uphold, yes that being hypocritical, that is evolution!!!
    People have to remember..... The richest Race in the world is Muslims, yet they choose to kill each other.... If you take the Faith base part out of the war, will that stop Muslims from killing Muslims?? That would be interesting to see???
    To me ISIS is one of the biggest Cults (Not Religion Based!!!) going right now. Why do i say that?? Well you take a 20 year old Canadian/America raised Man, and he chooses to change his faith and join ISIS, If he chooses not to kill others that choose not to conform, and jail them or force them to leave the town....what will happen to him??
    If a 16 year old American/Canadian Girl chooses to join ISIS, and refuses to have sex with multiple men, what happens to her??
    If you tell me the Koran says to do this?? How would you ever expect to see progression of life??
    To me the leader of the cult is just giving a bunch of nutbags the right to kill and rape with no consequences, and if you say it is just a small amount of the Muslim populations agree with this way of living?? Open your eyes people!! there are a lot more than you think in closets!!!

As for Obama... Well what do you want him to admit it's the Muslims fault??

This guys legacy is to give madmen the right to build nuclear bombs in Iran...not now but later
    Any wrong wording he says can jeopardize that...
    Who are the Terrorist?? What are they screaming there faith beliefs are while they kill innocent people?? Muslims!!!
    Not a word or suggestions to the rest of the Muslim faith to get together to stop this shit!!!
    Remember when Saddam Hussein claimed he was building Nuclear plants for energy?? And a Small state in the Middle East went in and bombed the fuck out of it!!! That is Allegedly
    What will Obama do if what happened to France happens in the US (I do hope it doesn't)?? Tell the American people we have to fight this with Diplomacy???
    Let's be honest here.... Israel has Nuclear Bombs, and they have had them for a very long time, yet they don't sell nor use them...
    This deal with Iran and the US... Russia is already got a standing order (waiting for Iran's blood money to be released), for the long range rocket shells and launchers to fire nuclear weapons. With Iran's factual reputation, they sell arms to every terrorist on the planet, and that is facts!!!
    But Obama would never jeopardize what he calls a historical deal....
    But i can tell you the biggest whores, Russia, are licking there chomps to get all that money!!!! You know with all the sanctions on a self sustaining country put on them

And statements coming out now, Russia is killing more civilians than ISIS fighters...Yet not splashed all over every news media

The bottom line.... If Muslims don't step up and try to help/stop this killing and you expect non Muslims to do this peacefully???
    Good Fucking Luck.....

Idol....Try to check out some of Christopher Hitchens post, they are quite interesting...

It will be very interesting what happens next
    Last edited by shaina; 11-22-2015 at 06:03 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Jeesh, Shay, somebody buy you some extra words and you feel the need to use them all up before their expiration date?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by All View Post
    Jeesh, Shay, somebody buy you some extra words and you feel the need to use them all up before their expiration date?
    I stopped at "Your post is great" because I figured there was nowhere to go but down from there.

I think we all, except maybe Christopher Hitchens, need to look at the fact that over the course of history a lot more people have been killed over religion than over drugs an yet we give tax breaks to the former and throw people into prison for the latter.
    Then we we all, except maybe Christopher Hitchens, need to sit down and ask ourselves what the fuck is wrong with people?

Except the English of course because then the answer is fairly obvious.

Btw sorry if I'm getting too serious here.Is there another section for even more deadly serious stuff than the serious stuff in The Drawing Room where I can post this?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Yes he can be a little Anal but it is always done with good intentions, not with hostility...
    Fuck you very much, and

Double-Sided.jpg
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29

They could literally go home and fellate each other and it still wouldn't be the gheyest thing they did that day.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by All View Post
    What can i say.... Trying to Find a solution for peace inspires me to type

What do you think ??
    Last edited by shaina; 11-23-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast