Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Paris

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    FoX doesn't let facts interfere with a lengthy post.

Also, China and Japan aren't necessarily 'poor'...
    We are not talking GDP here, but the average person in the street. Most Westerners live in reasonable accommodation, whether they own or rent. In many Asian countries, they live in slums, often overcrowded, and work for peanuts.

In Bangladesh, we saw how many of the workers live day to day. No self respecting Westerner would even consider living like that. Imagine thirty dirty smelly people crammed in to an abode design to house only a quarter of that number, and expecting to work machines knocking out clothing for all the big labels in tatty factories on the verge of collapse.

I know the west has a poor element, but even our poor are far richer than the poor in some Asian countries.

Remember that India is probably one of the wealthiest countries in the world, yet has one of the highest counts of poor, with many living in squalor.

China may be a main player in the world market, yet their people are just about surviving.

I don't consider my posts lengthy at all. If you are going to say something, say it properly. If you are having trouble with the length of my post, you may have an attention deficit issue that might need medical attention. After all, if you read just one article in a news paper, it would have a higher word count than my own post.

Now, why do so many Asians move from countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Afghanistan and Iraq/Iran to live in the West? Is it because they want a better quality of life which our countries can offer them? Maybe we should question the leadership of those countries to determine why so many are emigrating.

We have created a sort of utopia, where people can realise their dreams, and this is the big attraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    What I was trying to say was that as a rule I don't watch stuff that casts the bad guy as the protagonist.
    You're trying to sell your pathology since we already know you eventually broke bad.

Just in case you harbored a seed of interest in the series, let's go ahead and grind that seedling into powder. I gave it a shot, and I found it quite compelling as far as television series go. I've been watching almost everything produced by Netflix minus lesbian prison, and the only show I lost interest in so far was Lilyhammer. Although Narcos was largely focused around Escobar, the show made no attempts to sell him as a protagonist, but instead, it maintained a bit of a detached and objective tone with him. They also followed the DEA agents and Colombian politicians. It also tried to maintain a historical context throughout the run of the series. I'm saying you should give it a shot because your reservations are unfounded. Now, never watch it, ever. Just know that I'm right, per uzhhh.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I don't consider my posts lengthy at all.
    Now, why do so many Asians move from countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Afghanistan and Iraq/Iran to live in the West? Is it because they want a better quality of life which our countries can offer them? Maybe we should question the leadership of those countries to determine why so many are emigrating.
    We have created a sort of utopia, where people can realise their dreams, and this is the big attraction.
    First off your Post are not long!! Keep them coming

I would agree with you on the better life for there children on most Immigration... Using the orient for example, Our governments lick there chops from the money they take from these families to allow them into the country to receive a better education, in other words no stress on the economy, actually great for the economy then after a few years they start bringing all of the family over to receive all the benefits The country has to offer be it tax benefits or health care or in some cases they do go back home..

As for Muslims...The ones that do want Immigration status are coming with nothing (again i feel bad but fact!!), and when i mean nothing, it is nothing to do with monetary reasons, they just plain have no skills to get any advancement, nor many choose not too...
    Example If a mother comes with multiple children, that puts stress on the economy here while in there home country releases that stress..
    If we do relocate them in the Middle East and fund them there, the feeling/stress is not the same.. If you make the comment of they want to better there lives?? And they are true Muslims and don't choose to domesticate in any manner or choose to abide by our laws and way of life, it never works....
    In western society, it is a different way of life, and no matter how religious you think you are, in the West, it is still completely different in the Middle East. If you take where you live, and you add 20,000 women wearing Burkas you will notice!! and the same goes if you move to the Middle East (in most areas) and the women are wearing jeans/leggings and short tops you are going to stand out(and get killed as well there!!!)...
    To me relocation into Western society is not going to be the best for the Majority of these families, and just put more stress on them. Another example.... What happens if a young girl decides to become more domestic and the parents decide to use there beliefs to punish said child??
    And this happens occasionally now, but add more populated Muslims that get the taste of fruits?? these parents will be going to jail!! now what about the other 5 or more children they have?? what happens to them??
    I feel compassion for all cultures and if they need help, i have no problem that my tax or government funds go to help people that really need it(but it fucking pisses me off big time when the Dictators have the money to help there people and Don't Give Two Shits, and let them Die!! and they are filthy rich stealing from there own peoples blood and sweat!!!)..But having the assumption these people are coming here for a better life is far from accurate!! they are coming here to get away from the violence of there day to day lives, not to modify there beliefs or blend in with the rest of the society..
    This is my opinion, and i am hoping i am wrong?? but Bringing the Middle East way of life to a Democracy run society is just too conflicting to work...

Keep your Posts/Opinions coming Fox.... They are interesting to read....

Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 12-05-2015 at 08:15 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Seems this thread has wandered a bit.

Something else happened in Paris a few days later that fucking well mortified me and a lot of other Americans - I don't know what you all think of our resident Twit-in-Chief, but.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi Kev. Do you think your trump card is the answer? (it would have worked 50 years ago, too late now). Banning religion could be the answer but what would you put in its place? I'm afraid you will just have to live with it.

We should all wear niqabs then they would not know who to bomb. You must excuse me it is early morning here.
    Last edited by bigboab; 12-08-2015 at 08:32 AM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    We should all wear niqabs then they would not know who to bomb. You must excuse me it is early morning
    here.
    When i actually saw you post outside of the word section Bigboab i could think of a few reasons...
    -Someone switched your meds??
    -The ban was removed for you to actually post outside of the word section??
    -Really! Really! bored and no-one was in the word section??
    Or give you the benefit of the doubt, and yes it was early in the morning for you?...But the idea of everyone wearing a Burka/Niqabs , would just not fit my lifestyle. I am more of a bowling shirt and shorts with sandals kind of guy...And oh ya a glass of scotch in my hand at some point of the day

Attachment 165052
    The one on the Left?? I am just not sure how that fits into the uniform, but what the heck right

Last edited by shaina; 12-09-2015 at 02:13 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Hi Kev. Do you think your trump card is the answer? (it would have worked 50 years ago, too late now). Banning religion could be the answer but what would you put in its place? I'm afraid you will just have to live with it.

We should all wear niqabs then they would not know who to bomb. You must excuse me it is early morning here.
    Hallooooooo, Bob!!

Trump is grotesque.

I know things about him, you see?

My little sister has encountered him with regularity - Donald is always suing someone, or being sued by someone else, and, as he is often deposed, she (as a really hi-zoot court reporter) has often attended.

After several encounters, she decided she'd had enough of him; the final straw was when his business was making televised news, and her material appeared extensively on-screen (she happened to be watching, and she recognized her work).

She awaited remuneration for the usage of her proprietary material - none was forthcoming, and his office intimated they might consider payment if she would resume working for him occasionally.

She could've sued, but she washed her hands, instead.

There's more, but.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567