Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone talk about file-sharing here

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15 View Post
    I keep expecting to find the site disappeared - doesn't seem to be anywhere near the traffic there used to be in the old days
    Now why do you have to be so Negative!!
    The site has tons of members and new ones joining all the time. It is getting traffic, just not in the forum section.
    The problem is it should now be called "FS" (File Sharing), and the "T" (Talk) is optional

2. Lounge   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    We all know the reduction in numbers here has nothing to do with filesharing technologies being mainstream- it is ALL because Idol is a big ol' meanie who ran everyone off.
    As a teen I was bitten by a spider so I just assumed it was a superpower and as such I was sort of obligated to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15 View Post

Good point that it's completely mainstream now - it's so easy to do, there's little to discuss. I keep expecting to find the site disappeared - doesn't seem to be anywhere near the traffic there used to be in the old days
    You're name is vivtron, you only seem to care about technology and you refer to living breathing people as "traffic". I have only one question. Are you or have you ever been human?
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    On a related note because honestly this topic is boring as fuck and that's not just me talking, I also polled a large sampling of teenage girls, anyone else but me waiting for a Legion of Super-pets movie?

Legion_of_Super-Pets_01.jpg

I mean they're super but they're like pets and after that the story just basically writes itself.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-13-2015 at 02:22 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Antibody's Avatar Poster
    Moderation here is tight, every message has to go next to the mod's thumb.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Vivitron, the person you're looking for is a man named Beck38. He will engage in filesharingtalk with you. Report back here after you're done and let us know if discussing the intricacies of sharing files is still fun.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Vivitron, the person you're looking for is a man named Beck38. He will engage in filesharingtalk with you. Report back here after you're done and let us know if discussing the intricacies of sharing files is still fun.
    Who says that this website isn't informative as I up until now wouldn't have considered Beck38 a person.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Who says that this website isn't informative as I up until now wouldn't have considered Beck38 a person.

That is for both of you

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Don't mind IdiotEye or MGayJocky they know nothing about file-sharing they leech from gay torrent sites. But if you want to engage in file-sharing talk let me know.

Code:
    Uptime: 1 Days 02:02 hours
    Uploads
     >Uploaded Data (Session (Total)): 38.544 GB (543.073 GB)
      >eMule: 36.211 GB
      >aMule: 1.736 GB
      >lphant: 561.55 MB
     >Total Overhead (Packets): 172.93 MB (4.58M)
     >File Request Overhead (Packets): 85.42 MB (3.73M)
     >Source Exchange Overhead (Packets): 2 kB (45)
     >Server Overhead (Packets): 9.93 MB (1k)
     >Kad Overhead (Packets): 77.11 MB (846k)
     >Crypt overhead (UDP): 8.08 MB
     >Active Uploads: 8
     >Total successful upload sessions: 1302
     >Total failed upload sessions: 12
     >Average upload time: 9:11 mins
    Downloads
     >Total Overhead (Packets): 67.03 MB (1.27M)
     >File Request Overhead (Packets): 14.08 MB (370k)
     >Source Exchange Overhead (Packets): 628 bytes (314)
     >Server Overhead (Packets): 42 kB (106)
     >Kad Overhead (Packets): 52.71 MB (891k)
     >Crypt overhead (UDP): 7.65 MB
    Connection
     >Average upload rate (Session): 221.56 kB/s
     >Max upload rate (Session): 2.39 MB/s
     >Active Connections (estimate): 10
     >Peak Connections (estimate): 31
    Clients
     >Filtered: 2679
     >Banned: 12
    Shared Files
     >Number of Shared Files: 6076
     >Total size of Shared Files: 455.686 GB
     >Average file size: 74.99 MB
    Hosted on custom ITX:
    5tut7d.jpg

Current Sig> Stats.png

9. Lounge   -   #19
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by STHNSv3 View Post
    But if you want to engage in file-sharing talk let me know.
    Like I insinuated before, if you want to be bored out of your mind, engage with people who seek to talk about file sharing.

Although, it's possible the quoted user is a duplicate account trying a different approach to avoid getting banned again. They have all the lack of perceptiveness and intelligence for it just to be true.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    That was very interesting story bro, try to comprehend name of this domain much? So talking about file sharing will engage in boredom? What are your credentials? So you have extended networking/programming and hardware knowledge to start and get something going? I told you this before boy don't try to act intelligent when you lack it. Other than cluttering up this forum with your semi below 100 IQ what did you contribute? Take it from someone who has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by HKM
    Guess I have to talk about it but ill try to keep it simple as extended detail will take time long time to write which we will take care of it in few months as we setup webpage but for now ill only cover the part closely related and discussed by Ailurophobe. So far the code name for the project is eDonkey-BlackNET and I didn't give the client an official name as its still a fork from aMule as we have CVN open for few of our developers.

Now when a file is added to shared list its on default count down for 365 days for removal. Which is also the fixed duration of when entries from clients.met is to be deleted as it expires after no contact with the host has been made in that time frame. So far I changed the official 150days to 365days which in the future will have dynamic time frame specified by the user but for now its 365days. In this time frame if the file is not requested nor accepted from the day its on then the file will be removed from active shared directory to alternative directory specified by the user or predefined or the current home base directory. If it is requested and accepted then from that last time stamp the countdown for 365days begins again.

Now based on the Shareaza file size category I also added to my with 3 subsets based on the original file size to help queue management with default file priority.

1) Small: files below 10MB in size.
    2) Large: files over 50MB in size.
    3) Medium: files between 10MB and 50MB in size.

So far this subset is dynamic but it can be increased based on users discretion but however it can't be decreased from the default hard setting.

To advance in waiting queue ranks I also modified the current official ranking system to effectively distribute files based on original file size, score, and source availability. Now this is accomplished in few steps.

1) File category based on original file size.

A) Small files are tagged with type X on score; X000
    C) Medium files are tagged with type Y on score; Y000
    B) Large files are tagged with type Z on the score; Z000

So for it to work when file is requested from waiting queue list X is served before Y and Z, and then Y is served after X and before Z, then Z is served after X and Y.

2) File priority predefined by the user in 5 categories to advance in ranking system.

A) Force start
    B) High
    C) Normal
    D) Low
    E) Force stop

Now if file is tagged as force start then it will start the file in next open slot does not matter what is the file size or score as it will ignore it. Force stop on the other hand will stop all active open session sharing the file with clients from active slot and in waiting queue bring the file to bottom of the list and make it score 0 and use deafult score modifer and tag it with negative score so it can't start and if its changed then it will bring it back to positive number.

3) Based on the default QR, source and client availability it is modified if not already predefined in step 2.

PS: #3 is to long must I write it? lol this is just 1/10th of the things modded on eDonkey-BlackNET ill write some more if anyone is interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by HKM
    I don't know where to begain. But ill talk about FLS (file life span) system I put in place which uses 3 sub sets to rate files to be removed.

1) High Bandwidth: If file is transferred 25GB cumulatively then its unshared. If file is uploaded 3GB on current active session then its unshared temporally, if file size were to exceed 3GB then to bypass the 3GB the original file size is used to make it at least 1/1 ratio.

2) High Ratio: If file ratio hits 10 then it is unshared.

3) High Source: If file have 100 complete source then it is unshared.

Now all these 3 sets are hard coded so it can't be modified to decrease but user can increase the value based on there own fixed value.

With this and 1year timestamp of file request/accept the file can be slowly removed unless user exclude the file and tags it as rare giving the file immortality only if it meets 0 to 1 out of 3 sets, if it scores 2 then its removed regardless.

Far as the active open slot goes if clients transfer rate were to go below 5kB/s for 30sec then session is closed and if client requests chunk again it is put in waiting queue again.

By using the default file priority High (below 25 complete source), Normal (between 25 to 75 complete source), and Low (below 100 but over 75 complete source) clients waiting in queue can advance but that brings me back to #3 from my last post of QR (Queue Rank) which I won't get in to as it would take long time to just try to explain as its complex and still not finished.

But on each session for the total duration of the client that was up the userhash based on SUI is saved along with the data that has been transferred. So let say if user A downloaded 50MB and user B downloaded 30MB then user B will be served before user A long as it is in same file size category Small, Medium, Large. This can also be bypassed by user using predefined file priority or using force start.

I wish that eServer Ludgunum 17.15 was open so we can modify it to serve better but as its closed project we have our limits. I mean for now we have no wish to go in to server project as its big target, we also haven't tried on Satan eServer. This all done in ED2K for now and KAD is ignored but can still be used as its still active in aMule but on eDonkey-BlackNET KAD is not dumped just disabled on default for now.

PS: I hope it make sense as its hard to explain but so far it is working as we are beta testing it still and every week we are modifying it.
    ^ This mod was known as eDonkey-BlackNET which was created and maintained by few of us for release scene, until they shut us down by force. But now i'm back.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast