Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone talk about file-sharing here

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Every now and then, I come on here and see what's going on. Strikes me that nobody discusses file-sharing. Guess it's easier with Genisis etc than it was back in the day downloading xvids and divxs and converting and burning
    <insert signature here>

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If I wanted to discuss file sharing then I'd do it on a ghey even more ghey site like God intended.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-13-2015 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Why all the questions? Are you the fuzz or something?
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If I wanted to discuss file sharing then I'd do it on a ghey even more ghey site like G-d intended.
    Fixed
    And there is areas on this site to do that right??
    But i can say i don't see the necessity for it, considering this is not a Discussion/Talk site right?

Or maybe you could just say... Don't let the name of the Web Site fool you?
    Last edited by shaina; 12-13-2015 at 06:15 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15 View Post
    Guess it's easier with Genisis etc than it was back in the day downloading xvids and divxs and converting and burning
    Yup.

I think it's also bc in the old days of this forum the technology was still new and all of us were still learning and keeping up with the changing methods. Napster > AOL rooms > Kazaa > KLite > Soulseek > Limewire > ED2K hashes > IRC > torrents w/ public trackers > top secret private trackers > Usenet > streams ....

There was also a lot to talk about with everyone regarding those evolving methods of file sharing, learning to burn CDs and DVDs, ripping and mounting software, codecs, new file extensions always emerging, etc.

Now most people don't even have a disc to rip and no one is burning them either. The popular file extensions haven't changed in forever. Windows comes with a shit-ton of codecs now. There is far less work today to obtain files and methods that are out there have become such common knowledge that full blown discussions are rarely needed. Google will turn up millions of results on how to get started and excel at what are now standards, and friends pass along that knowledge. People who file share are sort of the norm now, not the exception.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-13-2015 at 09:38 AM.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Every now and then, I come on here and see what's going on. Strikes me that nobody discusses file-sharing. Guess it's easier with Genisis etc than it was back in the day downloading xvids and divxs and converting and burning
    You need to join a site that is specifically for file sharing talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Antibody's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You need to join a site that is specifically for file sharing talk.
    Yea!High5.
    And, does this look like a site you could talk about filesharing?
    Just look at the title of this site, 1st thing that comes in my mind not talking about filesharing... but you need common sense.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Guess it's easier with Genisis etc than it was back in the day downloading xvids and divxs and converting and burning
    Yup.

I think it's also bc in the old days of this forum the technology was still new and all of us were still learning and keeping up with the changing methods. Napster > AOL rooms > Soulseek > Limewire > ED2K hashes > IRC > torrents w/ public trackers > top secret private trackers > Usenet > streams ....

There was also a lot to talk about with everyone regarding those evolving methods of file sharing, learning to burn CDs and DVDs, ripping and mounting software, codecs, new file extensions always emerging, etc.

Now most people don't even have a disc to rip and no one is burning them either. The popular file extensions haven't changed in forever. Windows comes with a shit-ton of codecs now. There is far less work today to obtain files and methods that are out there have become such common knowledge that full blown discussions are rarely needed. Google will turn up millions of results on how to get started and excel at what are now standards, and friends pass along that knowledge. People who file share are sort of the norm now, not the exception.
    I'd forgotten about some of those. I remember when the old admin here was trying to create his own network for file sharing...it didn't seem to get off the ground.

Good point that it's completely mainstream now - it's so easy to do, there's little to discuss. I keep expecting to find the site disappeared - doesn't seem to be anywhere near the traffic there used to be in the old days
    <insert signature here>

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I'd forgotten about some of those. I remember when the old admin here was trying to create his own network for file sharing...it didn't seem to get off the ground.
    MUSCLEMAN. What a wacko. He and Shareholder are the ones that went off and did the Klite thing IIRC but it was dead by then.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    We all know the reduction in numbers here has nothing to do with filesharing technologies being mainstream- it is ALL because Idol is a big ol' meanie who ran everyone off.

Totally what happened. Nice try covering for him with all that mumbo jumbo, skiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    We all know the reduction in numbers here has nothing to do with filesharing technologies being mainstream- it is ALL because Idol is a big ol' meanie who ran everyone off.
    Totally what happened. Nice try covering for him with all that mumbo jumbo, skiz.

Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast