Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How About A Financial Advisor?

Hi, Have a great year to all! To start the new year, our family has plans of increasing our mutual funds investments. But, our relatives & friends told me that It will be better to consult a financial advisor before investing into a stock market. This is to prevent risk of all sorts. Personally,I have second thoughts about it. Do I need the financial advice? I want to know more about safe investments. Do you have any related experiences about it? I would appreciate your ideas about this soon!
    Last edited by rowingcowardice; 01-04-2016 at 03:40 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by rowingcowardice View Post
    Hi, Have a great year to all! To start the new year, our family has plans of increasing our mutual funds investments. But, our relatives & friends told me that It will be better to consult a financial advisor before investing into a stock market. This is to prevent risk of all sorts. Personally,I have second thoughts about it. Do I need the financial advice? I want to know more about safe investments. Do you have any related experiences about it? I would appreciate your ideas about this soon!
    No, of course you don't need a financial adviser, just ask a random internet message board full of morans. win-win.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 01-04-2016 at 04:36 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    No, of course you don't need a financial adviser, just ask a random internet message board full of morans. win-win.
    Some of us are fully capable of giving him sound advice- we're just surly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Invest in things that are going to make money.

Never invest in things that are going to lose money.

That's pretty much it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Ironrickally, I do get my financial advice from a member of the board. Sound it is, too.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post

Ironrickally, I do get my financial advice from a member of the board. Sound it is, too.
    Ewe get your advice from a member.

Barbie said get advice from a random internet message board.

It's important to read the actual words or do something else.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1

bettings, is the answer to your question. create an online account. NHL today's matches are:

New York Rangers-Washington Capitals x2

Philadelphia Flyers-New York Islanders 2

Columbus Blue Jackets-Carolina Hurricanes x2

Montreal Canadiens-Pittsburgh Penguins 1

Ottawa Senators-Boston Bruins 1x

San Jose Sharks-Toronto Maple Leafs x2

Dallas Stars-Minnesota Wild 1

Arizona Coyotes-Nashville Predators 1x

Vancouver Canucks-Tampa Bay Lightning x2

Los Angeles Kings-St. Louis Blues 1
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Can the people from Montreal not even spell Canadia.

Weird.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    JPaul=Master Yoda
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    It is all about risk. If you adopt a portfolio of lots of small new start businesses you could lose everything or do quite well. If you have a portfolio of large rather unexciting companies the chances are you will have a steady return that might do a little better than one of the better standard bank accounts.

A good financial advisor would have a range of portfolio options that matched your appetite for risk. So yes, speak to several and look at what they have, what their performance is like and what share of the profits they will take for investing on your behalf.

Or you could take random advice from people on this board - indicating a very healthy risk appetite.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast