Thread: The Shannara Chronicles

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Call me a sap for that "Lord of The Rings" type fantasy stuff... but I enjoyed episodes 1 thru 4 so far.

What do you guys think?

(...MTV no less... go figure. One can see a Science Fiction post apocalyptic element to it in many scenes)
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-08-2016 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Just Magic.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That caught my eye just a couple of days ago. Remember reading some of the books decades ago. Good to hear you are enjoying. Keep me posted- I'll probably binge watch the first season, if you think it's worth doing.

I kept up with Into the Badlands. Not bad. Not bad... I think half of the season was just eaten away introducing each of the kingdoms/warlords and creating drama. I am interested to see where the show goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Remember reading some of the books decades ago. ..
    Me two.

Terry Brooks is such a lightweight writer but more than one bad novel has been made into a good movie/TV show so won't write it off.

They couldn't have made something by Feist or Donaldson though could they?
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    So far, so good.

(Definitely a binge watch... it even has "Crixus" (Manu Bennett) from Spartacus fame.)

(Speaking of other writers... I would like to see a screen adaption (Mini-Series, Big or Small) of John Scalzi's "Old Man War's" or "Carrion Comfort"
    by Dan Simmons the former probably a mini-series because of the series length, but yes so many good ones... so little time.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I really enjoyed this first season. Hope it gets picked up and keeps going. I enjoy watching it with my kid. We are suckers for anything sci-fi/fantasy.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    a great show with amazing locations