Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "kazaalite Has Performed An Illegal Operation"

BANNED
    faq:

Kazaa Lite crashes after a while

Are you using Windows 95, 98 or ME?
    If so, those Operating Systems can only handle a limited number of simultanious connections to the internet. Each program that you have running that connects to the internet uses one or more of these connections. You have to reduce the amount of connections, so that your OS won't crash anymore.
    You can do that by closing down as many unneeded programs as possible. More importantly: Limit the number of simultanious downloads in Kazaa Lite. Also disable all tools that search for more sources (Speed Up, DietK, Kazap, etc.). This will hopefully solve your problem.

Another possible reason for the instability can be a too low amount of available system resources and internal memory. Kazaa Lite uses a lot of system resources. Specially when you edit file details in the My Kazaa Lite window. So whenever you have editted a lot of file details, it is a good idea to restart Kazaa Lite to free up the used resources. Also when running Kazaa Lite, always minimize it to systray if you aren't using it. That will save resources too. Best is to put it on another window as the traffic view first. Restarting Kazaa Lite once in a while can help much.

If you have less than 128 MB internal memory, you might want to consider adding some extra internal memory. This will improve the speed and stability of some programs. Besides memory is very cheap at the moment.

There is a bug in some old versions of ZoneAlarm Pro that can cause this. Download the latest version of ZoneAlarm.

Try the solutions from the topic "Things to do when Kazaa Lite crashes, freezes or has other stability problems".

Kazaa Lite has a very high (100%) CPU usage

If you have just added some new files to the list of shared files in Kazaa Lite, then it will be busy updating the database where Kazaa Lite stores the information about your shared files. This can takes a couple of minutes. Just go get a cup of coffee

If that is not the case, then in most cases this problem seems te be caused by a 'bad' partial download. A .dat file has somehow become corrupted in a way that Kazaa Lite will start using all the CPU power. See the topic "Things to do when Kazaa Lite crashes, freezes or has other stability problems" for a solution.

Things to do when Kazaa Lite crashes, freezes or has other (stability) problems

Reduce the amount of downloads

If you have a lot of downloads in your traffic screen, then you should reduce that amount to something below 40. Just move some of the .dat files (partial downloads) out of your download folder into a different folder. You can move them back a few at a time when your other download are finished. Close Kazaa Lite before you move the files.

Set you upload bandwidth at the correct setting

If you set you upload bandwidth at unlimited, that may cause stability problems and high CPU usage.

It is recommended to set your upload bandwidth at about 80% of your maximum upload bandwidth. Run the Configuration Wizard that is included with the latest versions of Kazaa Lite K++ to set the correct upload bandwidth based on your type of Internet connection.

Also don't set the maximum number of uploads on unlimited. It is better to have set maximum of 10.

A corrupted partial download

It is possible that a partial download (.dat file) becomes corrupted. This can cause all kinds of stabilty problems.

Solution: Move all of the .dat files out of your shared folder. After that start Kazaa Lite to see if the problem is gone. Now move back the .dat files one by one or a couple at a time. Restart Kazaa Lite everytime after you have put back some files. When the problem is back again, then you know which .dat file caused the problem. Delete that file.

Corrupted database files

Kazaa Lite stores information about your shared files in a couple of database files. These can get corrupted too, causing stabilty problems.

Solution: Delete the database files. Kazaa Lite will create new ones next time you start it. However, you will lose all file descriptions that you gave to your shared files.

The database files can be found in one of the following locations, depending on your version of Kazaa Lite:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\Documents and Settings\%your username%\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\windows\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\program files\kazaa lite\db\

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    hey muscleman you know A lot about this so help me out. I thorougly read through your solutions but maybe my problem is different. it is saying "k-lite caused a divide error in module k-lite.kpp at 01a7:004d3f09 :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Ekko
    hey, this is my first post because this was the same problem i was encountering... it all happened all of a sudden one day, tried upgrading today, still didnt work, and then i found this forum...

from what Musleman suggested, i put my shared folder in a temp folder and kazaa loaded up just fine, for the first time in weeks

thnx musleman

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    you are very welcome boss just wanted to point out that you move all your files from the shared folder to a temp folder and not the shared folder itself, lol

also if this does solve you problem( its a test no the solution) that mean you have corrupt file/s in your shared folder and you need to put those files back few at a time to see which ones give you the error and fix or remove them, the rest can go back to your shared files

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    internet.news
    Originally posted by benz@24 November 2003 - 20:17
    recently everytime i open Kazaalitle, it connects, then says "Kazaalite has performed an illegal operation"

details:

KAZAALITE caused an invalid page fault in
    module KAZAALITE.KPP at 0167:0053803c.
    Registers:
    EAX=005fd2f0 CS=0167 EIP=0053803c EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=ffff415a SS=016f ESP=02d3f5f8 EBP=02d3f604
    ECX=0000000f DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=4cff
    EDX=01c22028 ES=016f EDI=005e4fcc GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8a 26 46 8a 07 47 38 c4 74 18 38 fc 72 06 38 dc
    Stack dump:
    ffffffff 00000000 01c2b525 01c2cb10 004fa58d 00000000 005e4fcc 0000000f 01c2b520 00000020 01b01a34 01c2cb10 01b01a58 0000014c 01c2b520 01c2c8d0

i tried reinstalling but same problem

???
    Shit, never had this problem.

I would uninstall and then reinstall K++.

As well experienced Musleman said, if you have many programs running or many connections
    at once in Win98, tere might be causing slowly K++.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by internet.news@8 January 2004 - 01:02
    Shit, never had this problem.

I would uninstall and then reinstall K++.

As well experienced Musleman said, if you have many programs running or many connections
    at once in Win98, tere might be causing slowly K++.

Your reply doesn't help anyone in this thread one bit!
    Your suggestions are already suggested or done in this thread.
    And the fact that you never had this problem.....nobody cares about that!!!

So next time you decide to share your freakin' thoughts,just make sure they're worth sharing!You goddamn hippie!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    lol "kazaalite has perfomed an illegal operation", kinda goes wivout sayin

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    daveycrocket
    i have this problem - could it be because my virus software quarentined one of the files while it was still in .dat form and as such this confuses it? i am just trying to figure out if that would be classed as a corrupt file - what u rekon?

Davey

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Doubtful. I've had 4 AV's in the last year-Norton 03-03pro, avg, panda platinum, pc-cillin and my 5th-Avast--have all caught Virus's coming down the pipe and took them out with no ill effects on Kazaa. (I still use NAV 03 Pro as backup)
    My only real prob has been corrupted .dat files and the powerhouse known as muscleman covered that.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    if you guys are still having this problem then try deleting your db folder

The database files can be found in one of the following locations, depending on your version of Kazaa Lite:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\Documents and Settings\%your username%\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\windows\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\program files\kazaa lite\db\

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast