Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takedowns - Why Are They Still Happening Despite Scrambled File Names

How many movies are worth " best quality burnt Blu rays?" I know it's not close to 12 thousand.
    Last edited by user3240; 11-17-2017 at 11:24 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I was able to locate a rare photo of Beck38 explaining the importance and value of his massive collection to a passerby.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Stamp collecting, book collecting, old magazine collecting, broadcast TV program collecting. It's a natural progression. It's Research. There's also Plan E: 4TB external USB 2.5" hard drives. Advantages: they consume power only when you're actively using them; compact; reasonably reliable. Challenge: you need to use both computer and manual organizational skills.

Recordable VCR tapes were bulky. DVD+Rs slightly less. I bought a BD burner early in the game, and blanks, but at around the same time external HDs became too economical and always easy. So the burner and disks are unused, in their retail boxes. I wonder if a pristine early BD player will ever become as handy as was tape equipment manufactured before (or which avoided) macrovision and other copy-inhibiting schemes?
    Last edited by Gregg987; 11-17-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Newsgroups   -   #34

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg987 View Post

Recordable VCR tapes were bulky. DVD+Rs slightly less. I bought a BD burner early in the game, and blanks, but at around the same time external HDs became too economical and always easy. So the burner and disks are unused, in their retail boxes. I wonder if a pristine early BD player will ever become as handy as was tape equipment manufactured before (or which avoided) macrovision and other copy-inhibiting schemes?
    Ever since I got my Google Chromecast I've cut way down on Usenet downloads. I put Movie HD, Cinemabox, Megabox HD and KoKotime apps on my Android Tablets and phones. Using the localcast app I can stream almost any recent movies and TV show to my set.

If I think a movie is really good I might save it to an external hard drive. For the most part physical media is dead.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    4TB external USB 2.5" hard drives
    I've got a Seagate one! If you're not Beck38, this is as much storage space as you'll ever need Super small and portable too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    4TB external USB 2.5" hard drives
    I've got a Seagate one! If you're not Beck38, this is as much storage space as you'll ever need Super small and portable too.
    To be honest Anon, i have a wee bit more than that
    It really is amazing how fast hard drives do fill up with stuff, but you could say 4tb is enough if you are going to delete stuff after watching
    I do have over 14tb plus in storage (4-3tb, 1-2tb (split for storage and operating system) 1-300gb), all the slots full on MB), and they are not even close to being filled
    But i keep them separate as well, they are not merged into one like a server, and i just rename the drives according to what i put on them EG. "D:TV Shows New"..

Just my way of doing things

And i am not sure how you download things, but i have a completely separate PC to download stuff and then i transfer everything i keep , meaning i sometimes download something and skim through it, and if i don't want it i delete it. I know a few people that download direct to there servers, i don't do that....

How do you organize your stuff Anon??

And on to the Tread Subject again.....

I am noticing a ton of 4k or True BD50 stuff posted, and easy to get, plus i went back a while to get a couple of HBO shows that screwed up on my Hard Drive,and i got them all easy, mind you some of those shows were never posted/available in 4k, but i don't download anything to that level anyways.....
    With the right sources and providers it is available to get if you want it
    If Beck38 chooses to have a library like that it is his choice and good luck to him, i know i would never do it, i don't see any advantage for my household setups....

Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    Ever since I got my Google Chromecast I've cut way down on Usenet downloads. I put Movie HD, Cinemabox, Megabox HD and KoKotime apps on my Android Tablets and phones. Using the localcast app I can stream almost any recent movies and TV show to my set.
    If I think a movie is really good I might save it to an external hard drive. For the most part physical media is dead.
    I tried it this way just to test the difference in quality, streaming it from a laptop, connected with HDMI and full connection Ethernet not wifi, i do it for all the live PPV stuff, but the quality is sill not as good as downloading and running it direct through some sort of eternal media server or connecting a hard drive to the source you are viewing it from. That would even go with Netflix, the quality is ok but you can see the difference compared to when you are running from an internal server, picture and sound channels quality is better running it eternally.
    Like you said, saying physical media is dead being it right or wrong, it comes down to clutter and convenience for me, i remember the days before streaming came in, and disks were all over my house or they get scratched or something because they were never put back in the album cases (Lazy LOL!!), even when they came out with re-writable disks, still it was hard to keep everything organized. I guess it would be ok if you only have one TV in your house to watch , but again that never worked in my household even know you had no choice back then, too each there own and whatever works for you or anybody else is great and you are happy with the quality.....

Just my opinion
    Last edited by shaina; 11-20-2017 at 06:41 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    I fully agree. If it's a movie I really care about I'll download a Blu Ray. There are so few movies and/or TV shows that I consider "archive worthy" that ordinary streaming quality is fine with me 98% of the time. I think it's fine that Beck enjoys his collection but I don't need 12K movies in the highest possible quality.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    I fully agree. If it's a movie I really care about I'll download a Blu Ray. There are so few movies and/or TV shows that I consider "archive worthy" that ordinary streaming quality is fine with me 98% of the time. I think it's fine that Beck enjoys his collection but I don't need 12K movies in the highest possible quality.
    12k, agree not a chance, but this one is one of my keeper's

Attachment 178540

If you take this movie, with picture quality MKV encode is fine, but you want true sound/effects only way to watch it is a BD50 rip
    But your way user3240, is the way of the future and convenience , but sooner or later the movie or show is dropped on the streaming networks, and then you are screwed,but having a average size external hard drive just in case (pretty reasonably priced today), doesn't really hurt.
    And you mentioning all the Movie steaming networks you use?? Don't most of them really have/offer the same content?? And also they show Movies that got great ratings from the masses?? Meaning, sometimes you have no choice but to Torrent/Usenet or purchase a movie or show that may never make the cut or licensed to get on those networks...
    I guess it all depends on your taste of Movies and Shows right?? Or in my case, a household of kids and wife with what they want to watch
    Last edited by shaina; 11-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Folders with tens of thousands of files, until this year when I decided to sort them by category... or year? It's so much stuff I don't even care anymore.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Folders with tens of thousands of files, until this year when I decided to sort them by category... or year? It's so much stuff I don't even care anymore.
    I get ya I fell behind 2 days of downloads and it was a pain in the ass if you don't do it daily!!

I assume you don't use Plex or any streaming program to sort it out for you on the HD's??

I prefer not to use anything that is constantly connected to the internet to sort stuff, that's just me

It is also sad when i go through some of the stuff i actually did move to my server, a quarter of it is just shit!!! Even know i thought i would watch it more than once..

I store it like this...

The Blacklist S01 (Folder name) Then what ever the first few episodes come up i just keep the beginnings the same "The.blacklist.101.x264.lol" and the next may read
    "The.blacklist.102.x264.killers" , as long as until the episode# , it shows up on my media server the same.
    And knowing it is in its own folder for the season it is easy to change when the better rips come out and just delete the old ones...

Just my way of doing things with tv shows..

I tried to make different folder categories for Movies like "Action" or "Drama" , but it became so much work to decide really where they should go, i said the hell with that in just put them Alphabetical. Or if it was a series of movies, i make a Folder put all the series and put them in there own drive...
    I also put Movies on a hard drive in folders with the main actor in it Eg. "Robert De Niro", but then my kids would get confused because they would think if there was a younger actor in the Movie it should have been put by there name
    Oh well, i am doing all the work!! so i do it my way
    They are actually pushing me to use Plex so it can make everything look pretty and easy to search for stuff, i am thinking of trying it out to see if it is better, but i just don't want it connected to the internet all the time...
    Last edited by shaina; 11-21-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast