Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To be fair on Donald Trump

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by huejardon View Post
    Could you imagine him in charge of the U.S. Economy?

He would make the country bankrupt and bring the rest of the world down with him.
    No he wouldn't. Do you think the US President is "in charge" of the economy?

yo

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think I'm voting for Cthulhu- the only sane choice available...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was thinking of writing in JJ Watt.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Wouldn't he be a better choice for the Secretary of Defense?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I celebrated the primary season with a heart attack, troo story.

I want to hang in long enough to cast my vote.

Anyway, there would be a method to the madness of voting for Trump; I won't bore you with the particulars.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

I want to hang in long enough to cast my vote.

Anyway, there would be a method to the madness of voting for Trump; I won't bore you with the particulars.
    I'm dying to know the particulars since Trump has never stated any policies to date.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #27
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Even during my Conservative days, I do not think I could have mustered excitement for Trump besides, "Not Hillary".

I have to say I expect the election will be handed to Clinton, which makes me convulse in disgust. May she pick a likable Vice President, and here's hopes to that person taking the primary spot soon after. I fucking despise her.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Extremely sorry to hear that and also more than a little surprised as I never pictured conservatives having actual hearts.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

I'm dying to know the particulars since Trump has never stated any policies to date.
    To be fair, Hillary doesn't have any policies of her own either unless holding up a finger to determine which way the wind towards power is blowing the most strongest and then going with that is considered a policy and not merely just a total absence of principles.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The fact arguably half the country sees Hillary as electable at all is a stinging indictment of politics, politicians, the major media, and the public that abides it.

Trump just happens to be the manifestation of a generalized dissatisfaction with politics which, quite frankly, began when the Clintons appeared on the scene.

Politics has always been a dirty game, but the things that are pissing people off stem from the little tactical tract authored by Saul Alinsky, and put into practice by Hillary and Bill....but I digress.

Trump's numbers are fueled by republican dissatisfaction (conservatives + the Tea Party Movement, essentially) augmented to a great extent by ideological fence-jumpers from the democrat side who aren't charmed by Hillary - and there are plenty of them.

The major media has only recently noticed the phenomenon, but isn't discussing/polling any hard numbers because they want to keep the air under her skirts.

Stay tuned for legal news, possibly in May - I don't know how much longer than that the lid will stay on, because Obama is thinking about his legacy - which includes Hillary - and he's got to decide which of 1) letting her fend for herself, or 2) shielding her from an indictment will result in more shit on his shoes.

An adjunct issue is the Supreme Court; the next president may assume he/she will be appointing 2 or 3 new justices, and if it's Hillary, they will be liberals, who will proceed to willy-nilly chuck the founding documents.

At that point America will cease to be an idea, it will be naught but a word.

There you go, peoples.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast