Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatsis? No Brexit thread?

whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think there's a shred of doubt the immigration issue in Britain lit the fuse for the "leave" voters.
    Totally agree. The attempt to topple the Syrian government led to the immigration problem which resulted in most people preferring to opt out.

I bet CIA didn't see this coming

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I seriously doubt we will actually see Britain leave EU. the vote was 52% to 48% and with the following shitstorm and financial plunge, I'm certain more than 3% have changed their mind about the issue. This still needs to be ratified by standing members of Parliament (iirc) as this was only a referendum.

What I see resulting from this: Other EU members will be *far* less likely to try to exit anytime soon, and with the sudden plunge in the markets, the rich are scoring some quick bargains that will go up again quickly. Members who stand against Brexit will be seen as heroes, and not going against the 'will of the people'.

End result: Status quo is maintained, rich get a quick cash bonus, and politicians get to grandstand. Yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    JO as on-point as always...

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Boris Johnson who lead the leave campaign has now decided he won't run for prime minister? Very confusing.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Bali_John's Avatar n00b
    Brexit means Brexit, it WILL happen, 100%.

Immigration was a big part of it, but so was the inability, because of the European Court of Human Rights, to kick the foreign criminal arseholes out of the country for fear of impinging on THEIR human rights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12