Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Coolest Name?

SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Which leads me into "Hijacking user accounts 101".

See there is also a "faceless" character that unless disabled is read as an actuall character, so you could, for instance (not saying I would EVER do this, or ever have, and not reccomending this OF COURSE) take some username, let's say Admin is the username, and add the facelss character to it so it would look like Admin, 5 characters, but actually be Admin. The space before the period is faceless and makes it a totally other username.

alt+0160.

As to what it can be used for? Well (not saying I ever did this of course) you could log in with your spiffy mock Admin account and tell people your account got hacked and that the person posting as you is not really you. Mind GameZ lol.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@12 February 2003 - 12:21
    Which leads me into "Hijacking user accounts 101".

See there is also a "faceless" character that unless disabled is read as an actuall character, so you could, for instance (not saying I would EVER do this, or ever have, and not reccomending this OF COURSE) take some username, let's say Admin is the username, and add the facelss character to it so it would look like Admin, 5 characters, but actually be Admin. The space before the period is faceless and makes it a totally other username.

alt+0160.

As to what it can be used for? Well (not saying I ever did this of course) you could log in with your spiffy mock Admin account and tell people your account got hacked and that the person posting as you is not really you. Mind GameZ lol.

-SJ™
    I am not sure it's wise for you to post this.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I didn't. Somebody must have hacked my user account and posted that!

I had better PM a mod or admin quick about that too!

Whew thanks for pointing that out!

o_O

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345