Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will piracy ever be legal??

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    An extra effort would have been just to add a landscape at the bottom. It's just a picture of the sun.

The reason Japan is called the land of the rising sun is because of the translation of its native name, 日本。

The first Kanji, 日, is for sun or day (nichi), which is pronounced ni. The second Kanji, 本, can mean book or origin, both pronounced hon. Putting together the two, you get nihon or nippon depending on how you merge the two sounds, and its literal meaning is sun origin. The two pronunciations arise because the second syllable starts with H.
    にほん to pronounce the H, and にっぽん to morph the H to ppo.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    A mini lesson is what you get for being lame, Idol.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    An extra effort would have been just to add a landscape at the bottom. It's just a picture of the sun.

The reason Japan is called the land of the rising sun is because of the translation of its native name, 日本。

The first Kanji, 日, is for sun or day (nichi), which is pronounced ni. The second Kanji, 本, can mean book or origin, both pronounced hon. Putting together the two, you get nihon or nippon depending on how you merge the two sounds, and its literal meaning is sun origin. The two pronunciations arise because the second syllable starts with H.
    にほん to pronounce the H, and にっぽん to morph the H to ppo.
    I have no way to be certain but I'm still reasonably sure that this is what it would feel like being trapped in an elevator for three hours with a half a dozen actuaries.

The worst part though is that while I'm terrible with names I have this incredible ability to retain useless, boring information so I'll probably remember that forever, Murray.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm great with names, but terrible with faces and locations. Who are you people and what are you doing on my lawn?!!!!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You're daughter will probably graduate before you do, Peg.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    n00b
    Believe me, if "certain things" are now legal in the United States, piracy can be one day.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboone View Post
    Believe me, if "certain things" are now legal in the United States, piracy can be one day.
    I don't think you will be able to make a case that this will help you with glaucoma...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboone View Post
    Meh, we've been letting Canadians come across the border for years. We've learned to accept tolerate them. Sometimes.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I don't think you will be able to make a case that this will help you with glaucoma...

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Meh, we've been letting Canadians come across the border for years. We've learned to accept tolerate them. Sometimes.
    Coming from a well educated potato farmer, that is really upsetting
    Last edited by shaina; 09-07-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Coming from a well educated potato farmer, that is really upsetting
    If I had said 'Mexicans', you would have laughed laffed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast