Thread: RAR Encrypted files

Bazz
    Hello. Absolutely brand noob at this. Yesterday i downloaded for the first time but then i ca not extract the files as it is asking for a password. Can anyone help please ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    'Pound sand' is the only way to describe trying to break the AES encryption used in RAR. Unless the person used a passphrase that is small/short, or a 'dictionary' plaintext word (there are 'cracker' programs out there that will attempt to break in with the xxxx words in the english and other popular langs) but if they used a random string generator with more than 4-5 characters, forget it.

One can always burn computer time, but if the person was half-way trying to 'lock' it up..... no.

I use rar on usenet every day, with a random generator to produce long (15-30) alphanumeric strings as passwords, and the fastest computer on the planet would take longer than the age of the universe to crack it.

Lots of these 'subsciption' movie/cracker sites use rar to lock up their warz, others post using 'open' techniques to 'hide' their contents; you may be able to decrypt if you know or can surmise the technique employed.
    Last edited by Beck38; 09-09-2016 at 06:31 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    'Pound sand' is the only way to describe trying to break the AES encryption used in RAR. Unless the person used a passphrase that is small/short, or a 'dictionary' plaintext word (there are 'cracker' programs out there that will attempt to break in with the xxxx words in the english and other popular langs) but if they used a random string generator with more than 4-5 characters, forget it.
    One can always burn computer time, but if the person was half-way trying to 'lock' it up..... no.
    I use rar on usenet every day, with a random generator to produce long (15-30) alphanumeric strings as passwords, and the fastest computer on the planet would take longer than the age of the universe to crack it.
    Lots of these 'subsciption' movie/cracker sites use rar to lock up their warz, others post using 'open' techniques to 'hide' their contents; you may be able to decrypt if you know or can surmise the technique employed.
    The majority of the rar files that need a pass code to extract usually have a nfo or paid nzb sites give you them, if not, most of the time the files are fake and send you to other sites to fill out surveys and shit , pay now or pay later if you want the files extracted in this century

And most of the time if you find something on another site and it is in demand it will be posted somewhere else in minutes so you can extract it without pass codes...

Or better yet use Torrents, they usually don't come in Rar form....I rarely do, but there is the option...

Nice to see you Beck38