Thread: Outlook Express Question?

So I have a few different email accounts piped into my outlook express.

They are all my accounts so its not like I am getting my roommates or anything.

But one thing that I find frustrating is that when I receive emails it is hard to see which account they are sent to.

The in box only shows who sent it, subject, time, priority and a bunch of other stuff, but it doesn't say who it is to.

Has anyone else suffered this problem?

I have to double click on the email to open it before I can see who it was sent to, and if it was sent to Healimonster, and I have two different Healimonster accounts I still cant see who it was sent to.

So then I have to click on the the name healimonster which brings up what the actual email address is.

Is there a way to avoid this convoluted process and see the actual email address that it was sent to in your normal in box?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yes. You can make use of "Filters/Rules" for that. I would suggest you make folders for each account you have. Then set a rule, for eg: if a mail is sent to [email protected] then forward it to a folder saying myemail@email. Similarly you can have another folder in which emails are sent to [email protected] and have a folder accordingly.

To do that, open up Outlook Express. Go to Tools > Message Rules > Mail...

A window will pop up. Create a New Rule by pressing New button on the right. It is pretty straight forward from then on. Just be sure to have created folders before you do this. To create folders just right click "Local Folders" and then New. Type the name you want through which you can make out.

Hope this helps,
    I.am

Edit: This process filters your messages to different folders depending whom it was sent to or whom it came from. I believe you can expand the headers if you just want to see whom it was sent to. But this process is more helpful because then you can sort of have a different inbox for each one.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks

That solved that problem, but created another one.

How do you rearange your folders on the Outlook Inbox tree.

I can move folders around to some extent, and place folders inside of other folder (which is what I don&#39;t want to do) but I can&#39;t seem to be able to have the folders in the order that I want them to be in.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You are most welcome.

I think by default whatever folders you make it will arrange them in alphabetical order. I tried myself and it was putting in as a sub-folder as you said.

If you really care about arranging then you can rename them in such a way that its organized the way you want after the alphabetical sorting is done.

So if you want "D" before "B" you can rename "D" to "A" etc. accordingly.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Check out Mozilla thunderbird, it&#39;s a great free email client that not only does exactly what you&#39;re talking about, but is also not targeted by every email worm and virus on the web; which is nice.

Friends don&#39;t let friends use Outlook

I have three email accounts, one for friends and family, one for work, and one for using on the web.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

Of course, Eudora and the Bat are also very, very good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you could also do "right-click" "columns" then add a "To" field
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@26 November 2003 - 15:19
    Friends don&#39;t let friends use Outlook