Thread: Image Tag

Hello, i have a web site hosted on www.tripod.com and it has a number of images on it.
    however only one image on the entire site shows up! this is the tag for that image:
    [img]images/GT6small.bmp[/img]
    yet the other images just dont show up! they are all in the same directory in my file manager on tripod, so they should all show up if the tags are correct right? here is a tag of one that doesnt show up:
    [img]images/GT4.bmp[/img]
    Very similar, yet one chooses to show up, and one doesn't, what could be the problem here??
    and yes i did try uploading them again
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Lounge   -   #2
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@25 November 2003 - 03:53
    Hello, i have a web site hosted on www.tripod.com and it has a number of images on it.
    however only one image on the entire site shows up! this is the tag for that image:
    [img]images/GT6small.bmp[/img]
    yet the other images just dont show up! they are all in the same directory in my file manager on tripod, so they should all show up if the tags are correct right? here is a tag of one that doesnt show up:
    [img]images/GT4.bmp[/img]
    Very similar, yet one chooses to show up, and one doesn't, what could be the problem here??
    and yes i did try uploading them again
    double check the file names in the HTML code. caps etc make a difference. also, try to delete the code for size and see if that helps.

the code for "size" is just a helper for browsers to reserve location place etc.

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Thanks for the tips, but if the size code worked for the first pic, shouldnt it work for the other if typed identically?
    ill try it anyway though, thanks
    PS all pics are .bmp (not sure if that makes any difference)
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Lounge   -   #4
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Well, i have to admit that from your post and looking at the code, i can see no logical reason why they all shouldnt work.

The only thing possible is IF the file names dont correspond with the HTML code. Do the files show up locally ?? create a local HTML page with the images and see if that works. I guess you've allready done that

Peace
    UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #5
    yes all the pics come up when i view the page, but only when i view the page. if someone else goes to it, on their computer...nothing
    the original site comes up, but with no pics, its very strange
    in my tripod file manager should i have created a folder called images and put all my pics in there? because thats what i did, and then in the code put ex. "images\*.bmp", would it work if i just left the pics in the original folder and just put "*.bmp"
    just a thought...