Page 34 of 739 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'll take the stand that e-cigs are, in fact, douchy. Or at least bring out the douche in those already carrying the gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #332
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'll take the stand that e-cigs are, in fact, douchy. Or at least bring out the douche in those already carrying the gene.
    I was messing with them for a little while before I left the ex, so by default, I can't say speak ill of the practice. I ordered polyethylene glycol from China and was mixing it with various flavors and levels of nicotine. It was equally unsatisfying with nicotine as it was without, so I eventually gave up on it. The biggest issue I was having is that I couldn't find flavors like charcoal and mesquite BBQ, and I never really felt it in my throat while puffing the same way I'd feel toxic smoke from the real thing. So, I just stuck to rolling my own cigarettes.

I have been keeping the habit in Japan, though I smoke a lot less now because there's no smoking in the apartment.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #333
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    All the way through I was through I was thinking; 'This dick of a Nigerian is going to get his face cut off because this English twat thinks he's funny'.

Since you brought them up, I'd never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books up until last year, and was looking forward to doing so.
    The first was okay, but shit. I mean it vaguely qualified as an unbad way to pass the time. The other four were shockingly bad. Without doubt the worst series of books I've ever read.

I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
    My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #334
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    All the way through I was through I was thinking; 'This dick of a Nigerian is going to get his face cut off because this English twat thinks he's funny'.

Since you brought them up, I'd never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books up until last year, and was looking forward to doing so.
    The first was okay, but shit. I mean it vaguely qualified as an unbad way to pass the time. The other four were shockingly bad. Without doubt the worst series of books I've ever read.

I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
    My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.
    eyes.gif

5. Lounge   -   #335

6. Lounge   -   #336
    manker's Avatar effendi

Jethuth cwithe, thank fook we scored a try.
    It's obviously a bad thing if I stay in for an international, we're getting twatted and Halfpenny can't land a kick.

Been getting a lot of esoteric messages from various gods recently, this time it's loud and clear:
    I should be getting mankered with the Babycham each and every time Wales play rugby.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #337
    manker's Avatar effendi

eyes.gif
    Maybe they go better with apple.

8. Lounge   -   #338
    Maybe they go better with apple.
    I've no idea, I've only ever listened to the original (radio) play. The idea of converting that to a novel just seems mental to me.

9. Lounge   -   #339
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I didn't know that was what happened.
    Well. The converting went poorly. The 'humour' often made me cringe :earl:

10. Lounge   -   #340
    I've often wondered why people think reading Shakeapeare's plays is in some way superior to say watching it as a fillum.

It's a play FFS, go and see it performed, and if you can't go and see a good fillum version.

It's what it was written as.

Not that they have all been made it's fillums, but a lot have.