Page 35 of 739 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135535 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
    My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.
    I guess that means you really don't care for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

--> https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x...V-x264-KILLERS

2. Lounge   -   #342
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Just got home now after 7 hours of traveling I've been to Colchester zoo. It was the misseses christmas present 2015, an animal experience thing where she got to hand feed a sloth. This was the earliest we could book it lyke as they're apparently popular.

It was pretty shit for me. I hate zoos because I've been dragged to almost all of them. She loved it. She got to go into the sloth cage and shove some leaves in its idiot mouth for 20 minutes whilst I stood on the other side taking pics. She also got a "free" keyring and a £7.50 lunch voucher I had to pay for mine, I had a massive hotdog and a capaccino which came to £89,000000.

All in all, it was an expensive trip to feed a retard monkey. Trains, hotels, food etc. I think this year I'll just get her a new wash cloth or a sock.

In other news, I've been watching Oz. That merkin prison drama from the late 90s. Its great. I watched a few of them as a child but can't remember stuffs. My sky tellybawcks has them all on it, almost finished season 1. No 19 year old spoilers but in the last episode I watched a man knocked another man to the ground, put a bench over him and shat in his mouth. Great stuff.

3. Lounge   -   #343
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I didn't know that was what happened.
    Well. The converting went poorly. The 'humour' often made me cringe :earl:
    Sup, hotshot. Sent you an email(s). Did you get them/it?

4. Lounge   -   #344
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I've often wondered why people think reading Shakeapeare's plays is in some way superior to say watching it as a fillum.

It's a play FFS, go and see it performed, and if you can't go and see a good fillum version.

It's what it was written as.

Not that they have all been made it's fillums, but a lot have.
    My other niece is getting into actism. Doing a BTEC in drama.
    She's also working part time in Domino's, which may portend to her future rather more. I tutored her in GCSE maths, she got a D.

They say those that can, do, and those that can't, teach. Well, I can do GCSE maths fairly easily, but fucked if I could teach her how to do it and remember it.
    What chance has someone got who can't do GCSE maths, eh. Stupid idiom.

I digress but I've been to see a few plays that she's been in (and a few where I haven't spotted her the entire time).
    The Shakespeare plays have definitely been better than the indecipherable prose I remember haltingly reading aloud in school. Might have been something to do with all the 17 year old burds dressed in sheets, mind.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #345
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    I didn't know that was what happened.
    Well. The converting went poorly. The 'humour' often made me cringe :earl:
    Yep, just looked and there are two from you. Very much obliged to you, sir.
    I'll definitely be having a wade through that attachment :]
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #346
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
    My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.
    I guess that means you really don't care for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

Are you the one who keeps telling my Kindle app that I want to read that, presumably, tepid pile of spluff residue.
    It probably thinks it's being helpful but I'd rather get pegged by mary and her furry entourage.

7. Lounge   -   #347
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Yep, just looked and there are two from you. Very much obliged to you, sir.
    I'll definitely be having a wade through that attachment :]
    Good good.

8. Lounge   -   #348
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Also replied with some words.

9. Lounge   -   #349
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Just got home now after 7 hours of traveling I've been to Colchester zoo. It was the misseses christmas present 2015, an animal experience thing where she got to hand feed a sloth. This was the earliest we could book it lyke as they're apparently popular.

It was pretty shit for me. I hate zoos because I've been dragged to almost all of them. She loved it. She got to go into the sloth cage and shove some leaves in its idiot mouth for 20 minutes whilst I stood on the other side taking pics. She also got a "free" keyring and a £7.50 lunch voucher I had to pay for mine, I had a massive hotdog and a capaccino which came to £89,000000.

All in all, it was an expensive trip to feed a retard monkey. Trains, hotels, food etc. I think this year I'll just get her a new wash cloth or a sock.

In other news, I've been watching Oz. That merkin prison drama from the late 90s. Its great. I watched a few of them as a child but can't remember stuffs. My sky tellybawcks has them all on it, almost finished season 1. No 19 year old spoilers but in the last episode I watched a man knocked another man to the ground, put a bench over him and shat in his mouth. Great stuff.
    Still think you need to devise a way to get her a garden. If only there was a way to buy a present for someone to do something that you didn't also have to do. I feel your pain, I've been to see musicals.
    Although the Green Day one was great, to be fair.

What kind of similar thing does she do for you that she doesn't really like but that you think is fantastic

10. Lounge   -   #350
    Also replied with some words.
    Thank you for that. I'm sweet to the beat momentarily. I tend to fluctuate, though, like squids and hair styles.

Regarding the book, yes, it's hella daunting, knowing what I know of his previous written word endeavours and the anticipation of this beast, purportedly his magnum opus. So the expectation has kinda ruined it. He had trumpeted at its inception that it would reach a million words. It did, he didn't lie. It's just been normalised for the masses via a very probably necessary editorial regime.

I mourn the missing 400,000 words, but what are you gonna do.
    Last edited by chalice; 11-05-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: cunt