Page 456 of 740 FirstFirst ... 356406446453454455456457458459466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 7395

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    anon... you sir, mayhaps inadvertantly have solved my text display quandary on my 27" curved monitor.

(I was running out of X2.75 readers anyway on my text displays TY kindly!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-02-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Yeah... I have become a lazy shite too.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Lounge   -   #4552
    My good deed of the day
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #4553
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Just when you've deleted so much spam shit you find out about this: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...online.196683/

Guys, I need rehab.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Lounge   -   #4554
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Guys, I need rehab.
    I wonder, what did you do after that 32 TB leak of Windows builds and source code?

I was pretty excited when the Opera 12.15 source was leaked, but besides ports to queer Linux distributions and minor compatibility patches, no one has bothered to do anything significant with it (presumably due to legal risks). The greatest version of the greatest browser has simply been abandoned

5. Lounge   -   #4555
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Boring story - yesterday I swapped out my Moto G7 Power for the Moto G8 power, it's sick. I never buy flagship phones and have stuck with the Moto G series for years, specifically the Power version (Play version when Power didn't exist) for the monster battery life. The G8 is the first Power model that is above 720p, it feels like I'm staring at the future. Having a true HD resolution on a phone is something new to me as is Android 10. I can now see more detailed boobies on my phone.

6. Lounge   -   #4556
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Boring story - yesterday I swapped out my Moto G7 Power for the Moto G8 power, it's sick. I never buy flagship phones and have stuck with the Moto G series for years, specifically the Power version (Play version when Power didn't exist) for the monster battery life. The G8 is the first Power model that is above 720p, it feels like I'm staring at the future. Having a true HD resolution on a phone is something new to me as is Android 10. I can now see more detailed boobies on my phone.
    That's probably why the battery lasts so long. A lot of these 4k phones only last a couple of hours. I use my galaxy s9 in 720p mostly, and it's still only lasts a few hours. Very annoying now that I live in a forest.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #4557
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    On a not entirely unrelated note, how the hell do I change the resolution for specific program windows? Ever since I upgraded to my current system (which apparently has a much more powerful graphics card and a higher screen resolution than my old one) there are a few programs where the font is so small that you can hardly read it anymore and it feels like when you want to move the cursor from one area of the screen to another, your mouse is covering marathon distances.
    This is what you want.

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/wi...g-dpi-scaling/
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...in-windows-10/

Note that some programs do not play nice with it and their text overflows outside the expected area, or is clipped. You can disable DPI scaling as a compatibility setting (properties panel) for those.

As for the mouse thing, just increase the sensitivity and make sure to check out https://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/, because that stupid acceleration effect becomes much more noticeable at higher speeds
    "For earlier Windows systems, right-click on the application icon, such as via a shortcut on the desktop, and select Properties. Then, select the Compatibility tab. Under settings, click Change high DPI settings. Doing so opens a new window where you can check off the Override high DPI scaling behavior box. There are three options for this setting, Application, System, and System (Enhanced). "

That did the trick for me, at least for the two programs where it counts most. Thanks!

8. Lounge   -   #4558
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    ...new to me as is Android 10. I can now see more detailed boobies on my phone.

Indeed!
    Hard to believe we have more computing power at our your finger tips... then it initially took to land on the moon.

("I want to believe" ...now I do.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

9. Lounge   -   #4559
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    That's probably why the battery lasts so long. A lot of these 4k phones only last a couple of hours. I use my galaxy s9 in 720p mostly, and it's still only lasts a few hours. Very annoying now that I live in a forest.
    Why have you been exiled to the forest? Did they find out about the Boris Bike...

One thing I want to get working is transfering moviefilms off my phone onto ext storage. I've got an external 256GB nvme drive with a USB-C adaptor. I plug it into the phone, go into ES File Explorer and it sees the drive and i can browse it. I have uTorrent on the phone, I steal a 1.6GB film, go in to ES, find it in the internal download folder, I do the option to copy it then navigate to the ext nvme drive and paste it and every fucking time without fail it hangs on copying and never completes I use that drive to plug in to my Pi to watch stuffs on my telly. If I can get this working I never have to use my laptop again.

10. Lounge   -   #4560
    > ES File Explorer
    > uTorrent

Stallman would not approve Try Material Files and LibreTorrent, at least to see if the former can copy your stuff.