Page 50 of 740 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Posting in this thread - priceless

2. Lounge   -   #492
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

You did the right thing. That is how you dad properly.
    It's decent of you to say so. However, there's always a yang.
    It was good for that kid, but then I was late home from work and only saw the others for half an hour before their bed-time. It was okay with them though because I brought a tiny action figure and a teddy with me. The missus wasn't best impressed but hey ho.

The dad part of being a dad who works 50+ hours a week is really easy. It's a couple of hours a day doing stuff you really like doing anyway.
    Being a mam is the hard thing, that's why I've got so much respect for you and JP.
    :earl:

You are a credit to yourself and the rest of the cawklords.

3. Lounge   -   #493
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I never use the curly wurly, including text messages and official correspondence. Which is quite bizarre as I also eschew any of the puerile text speak. Though why I would do that in official correspondence is a mystery.

I will go to great lengths not to ask questions in fairly serious missives so as to avoid having to use them.

Though to be honest a reasonably worded question doesn't really require the curly wurly anyway, wouldn't you agree.

It is obvious when someone is asking a question, why would I rub their nose in it.
    I share a little of your disdain for the question mark.
    It can work for you, though. I use it very sparingly, to elicit a specific response. Almost conditioning an unsuspecting reader. Yes, that makes me sound like a tit but people often don't cotton on.

If I'm being srs bznz, then I'll dress actual queries as rhetoric and eschew the technically correct punctuation altogether as you do, as if there is only one possible answer (an answer I favour). I'll prod the reader by alluding to that answer a little later in the piece.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, it puts my narrative in a slightly more authoritative light.
    If I'm more confident about the query, I'll append a curly wurly to it so that the respondent reaffirms my belief in the reply, yet wonders if he or she has won a small battle by doing so.
    This seemingly insignificant gesture often leads to greater concessions further down the line. A small part of the dance which I enjoy in its entirety.

The downside to all this is that I spend longer on words, which I don't charge for, than I do for the numbers
    I'm a big fan of things like "As you will be aware .." and " I'm sure you will agree ..." or "What type of fuckwit would not realise ..."

Passive aggressive pros ftw.

4. Lounge   -   #494
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Being a mam is the hard thing, that's why I've got so much respect for you and JP.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #495
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Rashford's on
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #496
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Tonight I have been mostly watching Westworld...which I am liking.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #497

8. Lounge   -   #498
    manker's Avatar effendi
    People don't half get upset when their music trackers die. I don't really get why.
    I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that' - and they're always on rutracker anyhow.

Get a life, get laid, wankers.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Lounge   -   #499
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    People don't half get upset when their music trackers die. I don't really get why.
    I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that'
    What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in

10. Lounge   -   #500
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that'
    What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in
    No, that's a hard drive.
    Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.