Page 51 of 739 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It seems to be all 'playlists' these days

It seems that the young 'uns don't really bother with 'owning' music anymore, they just stream it when they want it.

...but I'm sure you know all this better than me.

2. Lounge   -   #502
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in
    No, that's a hard drive.
    Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.
    I was just joking Manker... I have one of those Digital Picture Frames still in the box, that you can add a bunch of .jpeg, .image files and have them on display

I actually still prefer to listen to vinyl over CD or Digital Downloads, but it can be hard to find vinyl albums today. I have quite of few from Jazz to Rock and Disco originals,
    And i bet Idol has even more than i do....

But between SeriusXM Radio and Spotify, and many other free streaming music companies today no need to even purchase music, just need speakers in the house and outside and use your phone or laptop, it is just more convenient..
    You can even add docking stations around the house or mini Ipads.
    Last edited by shaina; 11-18-2016 at 09:48 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #503
    Also while we're on the subject of young 'uns, they don't understand that not all screens are touch-sensitive screens. What's that all about?

Daughter #2 was using the laptop last night, and starts prodding the screen with her finger, shouting "IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" :facepalm:

4. Lounge   -   #504
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    No, that's a hard drive.
    Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.
    I was just joking Manker... I have one of those Digital Picture Frames still in the box, that you can add a bunch of .jpeg, .image files and have them on display

I actually still prefer to listen to vinyl over CD or Digital Downloads, but it can be hard to find vinyl albums today. I have quite of few from Jazz to Rock and Disco originals,
    And i bet Idol has even more than i do....

But between SeriusXM Radio and Spotify, and many other free streaming music companies today no need to even purchase music, just need speakers in the house and outside and use your phone or laptop, it is just more convenient..
    Yeah, I guess. I don't listen to a lot of music. I stubbornly stick to the one genre I like and switch up the albums on my phone for when it's needed.
    I usually listen to an audiobook if I'm driving on my own or inflict Talksport upon my companions if I'm not.

Don't get the vinyl thing. It's like looking at someone's imperfect 'art' depiction of a scene when a photograph does a better job.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #505
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Also while we're on the subject of young 'uns, they don't understand that not all screens are touch-sensitive screens. What's that all about?

Daughter #2 was using the laptop last night, and starts prodding the screen with her finger, shouting "IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" :facepalm:

I've seen my kids reaching up for the telly to do that, too.

We should all number our kids. In the before time, I thought JP did it 'cos he's old and has hundreds.
    Thinking about it now, though, it's just a convenient way of relaying the pertinent information to a reader.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #506
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Carnage in the cricket. England 80-5 in reply to India's 445

7. Lounge   -   #507
    I've programmed myself like a Westworld host to pretend that cricket doesn't exist.

So your comment doesn't look like anything to me.

8. Lounge   -   #508
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Don't get the vinyl thing. It's like looking at someone's imperfect 'art' depiction of a scene when a photograph does a better job.
    For instance.. If you listen to a Supertramp, Genesis, any old school Disco, the sound is day and night. People try to describe vinyl being a warmer sound, but i don't understand what that means, i compared with the same speakers using all the different formats, and i still prefer vinyl
    And i am not talking the new Record Players, i am talking about vintage ones, and you cherish them because they sound amazing plus it is a real pain in the ass to find replacement needles for them

To each there own i guess on the sound people look for, that would be the same for headphones, in ear or over ear...
    I tried listening to audio books for a while and it never stuck, i prefer playing loud music to keep me entertained, if i am not watching something on the TV..

9. Lounge   -   #509
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Now that is hilarious!!!!!

10. Lounge   -   #510
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I think i downloaded Cricket for Xbox360 and still have yet to play it...

Have you ever played Cricket Manker??