Page 528 of 739 FirstFirst ... 28428478518525526527528529530531538578628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 7385

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You know, I'd be really pissed right about now if I had died in 2012 trying to liberate Afghanistan from the Taliban.
    Wow, Mr Selfish...think of all the people you would have made happy
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #5272
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    OK but then John Connor would never have been born so there's also that to factor in.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #5273
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I am rooting for The Machines.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #5274
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Wow, Mr Selfish...think of all the people you would have made happy
    Don't listen to this guy, he's wrong! Most people wouldn't have even noticed
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Lounge   -   #5275
    That's because there's a saying in the SEALs, if you know what we did then we failed.

6. Lounge   -   #5276
    Ty Walker:
    This is bullshit! You shot me in the back!

Raylan Givens:
    If you wanted me to shoot you in the front, you shoulda run towards me.

It's only because there are lines like this that I know most of the rest of TV is ghey.

7. Lounge   -   #5277
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Well, woke up this morning to an email from my Synology NAS that one of the drives was failing. Got Seagate Exos X 16TB drives in there that I purchased last year. One drive was DOA and immediately replaced by Seagate, all other ones were fine and are/were working flawlessly until now.

Called up their tech support and they are going to send me a replacement drive under warranty, so no complaints there. But the fact that this particular drive did not even last 12 months... Makes me a wee bit weary. 50% failure rate in a year? Hmm...

8. Lounge   -   #5278
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    ...and I thought Seagates were decent HDD's...

9. Lounge   -   #5279
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    ...and I thought Seagates were decent HDD's...
    Well, they used not to be, at least I made an effort not to use them for the longest time. But apparently/supposedly they had cleaned up their act, and since this drive is an enterprise system drive and not really for personal use, I figured I'd give it a shot. The price was decent (a tad above $300 for 16TB), and I was not about to support Western Digital after the shenanigans they pulled last year. Not sure where that leaves me for now. I guess as long as they are willing to swap them out under warranty, it's semi-okay; but I only have a one-disk redundancy in my system, and if ever two of their drives fail at the same time... Probably should change that the next time I replace one of the older/smaller drives.

10. Lounge   -   #5280
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, probably is for the best.

(Short true story... others and I made a small fortune doing warranty swaps in the mid to late '90's on old Seagate drives... it was a 5 Year warranty back then... technology was moving so fast... by the time the smaller drive failed... they HAD to swap it for a much LARGER drive... we then sold the latest and greatest!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-27-2021 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Tech Chit. (Good Times.)