Page 534 of 739 FirstFirst ... 34434484524531532533534535536537544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 7385

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Just installed MinerBlock, and it hasn't picked anything up. That could just be because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

2. Lounge   -   #5332
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Just installed MinerBlock, and it hasn't picked anything up. That could just be because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
    That's exactly what I'm using and does detect it only here and the BBC site. Never seen it anywhere else. I also don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #5333
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Same on the BBC webshite.
    Well, then your browser is wrong. The BBC would never need to mine crypto, they're already mooching off you with those telly licence fees
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Lounge   -   #5334
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Fun story: Back in the day I was living in the UK, had an apartment in a mixed-use building (read: over a fish and chips shop) whose builder went bankrupt during construction. Some other company finished it, but forgot to put in a cable hook-up. Antennas on the roof were not allowed, so no telly for me.

Naturally I said "fuck you!" and installed a satellite dish anyway. Got all kinds of channels off the Astra satellites, except for anything from the UK. Still had to pay for that stupid license, though.

5. Lounge   -   #5335
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Some other company finished it, but forgot to put in a cable hook-up.
    > not making your own hookup
    > not using a pirate decoder for scrambled channels

4/10

Remember when satellite was a luxury service? Now we have prepaid kits sold at a loss, what a great time to be alive.

6. Lounge   -   #5336
    Who says I did not have a pirate decoder to get access to Sky?

Not admitting to anything here, of course. Though I guess the statute of limitations would have kicked in by now. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Oh, and when I say "no cable hookup" I mean there was literally no cable connecting to the house. No feed anywhere near the address. I guess in the pre-broadband days it just wasn't that important...
    Last edited by Caballero; 09-21-2021 at 05:33 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #5337
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Who says I did not have a pirate decoder to get access to Sky?

Not admitting to anything here, of course. Though I guess the statute of limitations would have kicked in by now. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
    It's alright, I totally didn't have a Jerrold brand decoder circa 2003 either. Guess how I didn't watch the first Matrix movie?

Oh, and when I say "no cable hookup" I mean there was literally no cable connecting to the house. No feed anywhere near the address. I guess in the pre-broadband days it just wasn't that important...
    Now that DVB, 5G, FiOS and streaming are all the rage, who's to say we won't return to that at some point. Analog cable is still very much a thing here, though. When companies invest millions on infrastructure, they want the returns to keep flowing forever. ADSL2 was only discontinued around two years ago...

8. Lounge   -   #5338
    My hard drive died... well it almost died and now I am hard at work to recover about 600 GB worth of "stuff"

still dunno what the fuck happened that it would not boot up on my laptop but works when I removed the drive and stuck it into a drive case that has the option to attach a usb cable and turn it into an external drive. This was just 600 GB ... still thanks be to the gods that its all ok.

9. Lounge   -   #5339
    I feel for you. Me, I'm about 12% into rebuilding my Plex server...

10. Lounge   -   #5340
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    still dunno what the fuck happened that it would not boot up on my laptop but works when I removed the drive and stuck it into a drive case that has the option to attach a usb cable and turn it into an external drive.
    Consider this a near-miss and learn from it. Right now the priority should be copying everything to a healthy medium as quickly as possible. Robocopy in restartable mode or Unstoppable Copier are good choices. Then, you need some sort of integrity checking; I use SHA-1 hash lists myself. If you haven't kept those in advance, trying to hash files from a potentially defective disk may not produce accurate results, but is better than nothing. For torrent data, you can (and should) use the recheck feature in your client.

Mine was an external, and I thought I might get as lucky as you by doing the opposite, removing it from the case and plugging it directly... no such luck.