Page 53 of 626 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153553 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 6255

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

  1. #521
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,232
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Occasionally i use torrents if someone asked me for something and i can't get it on Usenet, it is rare but i get more pissed when you see it listed on the torrent site but no one is seeding, which makes it useless to even say it is there....

    Does that happen on private Torrents??
    Yes. If a tracker is of decent quality they'll have clearly explained rules for when a .torrent is deleted off the server because a seeder is 'never' coming back. A reasonable period is 14 days. So if a tracker still indexes a file, it's because someone in the last two weeks could have still distributed it, for example.

    Most private trackers have a 'request re-seed' button that asks all downloaders of the torrents if they still have it on their hard drives.
    Ellipses go here.

  2. Lounge   -   #522
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Yeah, I sucked at it though. Played a bit for school and then joined the local team. My parents got all the kit for me, except a bat. I was to get a bat after my first 50.
    It transpired that fielding was my forte and I 'participated' for a few games as a non-bowling number 11. Never did get that bat.
    I figured that would be a School sport on your side of the Pond. I have never played, but i tried watching it a few times and between that and Baseball i find it kind of boring to watch, and it would be the same, in school i played Baseball, but i guess i was lucky i got to bat and usually played outfield or third base...
    For house league or pickup games i preferred playing hockey, ice or ball, didn't matter to me, then Tennis took over a few years, now it is mainly Golf

    Do you play any sports now Manker??
    There's a pub based game called golf, too, best played in Swansea along the Mumbles Mile. Where a pint is par and if you have a chaser with it, then you make birdie. An eagle is obtained if your chaser is a double and so on. You can duck out of a round and get a bogie. After 18 pubs, the winner is ... actually, I've no idea. I've played the game dozens of times and I can never remember its conclusion.
    From what Ive read, the golf you play seems to combine the sport and my version :]

    I still play footie now, just five-a-side though. It's too cold to play on a Saturday for me these days.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  3. Lounge   -   #523
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    There's a pub based game called golf, too, best played in Swansea along the Mumbles Mile. Where a pint is par and if you have a chaser with it, then you make birdie. An eagle is obtained if your chaser is a double and so on. You can duck out of a round and get a bogie. After 18 pubs, the winner is ... actually, I've no idea. I've played the game dozens of times and I can never remember its conclusion.
    From what Ive read, the golf you play seems to combine the sport and my version :]
    I still play footie now, just five-a-side though. It's too cold to play on a Saturday for me these days.
    That is funny and true at the same time, but i add pain meds as well
    Also sounds like you tried to get too many eagles and it fucked up your memory LOL!!

    It is not like i am out of shape, but running sports are just not my thing anymore. I try to rally the ball around on the tennis court in Florida when i am there for a bit, Golf seems to be my thing now. And if you ever do take it up, fuck it can be frustrating!!, you can have a streak of rounds and shoot in the low 80's or even break 80, then you get the frustrating rounds that you can't sink a bloody putt or hit a drive in any direction that is rewarding, but the truth is when you are playing with a bunch of nice guys/friends it is really fun
    And on the doorstep of 50, my brain still thinks i am 30 and my body says "I DON"T THINK SO!!", and you can't say golf is a cardio sport, but boy you do have to stretch your body or you can't hit the ball properly (hens the back meds+alcohol).

  4. Lounge   -   #524
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    It was $800 US. For a print. The last one I bought was 30, and I thought that was a bit cheeky, like.
    Artists are cocks. Fact.
    I am glad you are happy Manker

    I wonder what was there before the edit.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #525
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    $800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning
    Is that what you see
    I've always thought that it's not the mouth it comes out of, but the mind it goes into.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  6. Lounge   -   #526
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterquack View Post
    Yes. If a tracker is of decent quality they'll have clearly explained rules for when a .torrent is deleted off the server because a seeder is 'never' coming back. A reasonable period is 14 days. So if a tracker still indexes a file, it's because someone in the last two weeks could have still distributed it, for example.
    Most private trackers have a 'request re-seed' button that asks all downloaders of the torrents if they still have it on their hard drives.
    Thanks Quarterquak for the response
    Meg gave me an invite to IPT a long time back and i still to this day not used it(really do hate the seeding shit!!), but the problem i did find compared to let say Extratorrent, which is a public torrent site they seem to actually have more files on it, and what i mean, you say 14 days, what happens if what you are looking for is 3 or more years old?? or the interest for the file is gone on the private site??
    I use to notice that more on KickAss torrents and sometimes i got lucky and there was 1-2 seeders for real (sometimes the seeder # was fake or wrong). How i am interpreting what you are saying, if it is not re-upped and seeded again you are fucked on the private torrent sites.

    But your last comment on request or requesting something that is not on the site, i would assume if anyone has it on there drive, they would be courteous, and have it available for you. I haven't really run into a problem so far with Usenet and the occasional use of public torrents, but thanks for the Info Quarterquack, it may come in handy if Usenet becomes wonky for me..

    Thanks Again
    Shay

  7. Lounge   -   #527
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

    I wonder what was there before the edit.
    Nothing bad or smart-ass like Manker honestly, I added the smile

  8. Lounge   -   #528
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    $800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning
    Is that what you see
    I've always thought that it's not the mouth it comes out of, but the mind it goes into.
    What i saw was the prints did look really cool, and what ever the bloody things cost if you really wanted them for your kids room and he/she would enjoy or would entertain them , ya frigging buy it
    Remember being an Accountant Manker(or a Bean Counter in your words), it is only money, and there is plenty more to hide earn

  9. Lounge   -   #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.
    Bad sound quality won't let you enjoy good music quality. With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).

    As we all know, 128 Kbps tracks from Limewire beat everything else anyway
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  10. Lounge   -   #530
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    30,672
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).
    This is true and so stupid as it's not like we're talking Dura ace vs SRAM Red gruppos.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •