Page 64 of 741 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164564 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Provided he hasn't risen and subsequently descended to the wankpit control station; I think I know something movie related before the Canadian oracle:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/legendarys-dune-movie/
    I'm sure it's going to be fantastic considering Legendary Pictures has such a strong track record with fims like Warcraft,Jonathan Hex, Seventh Son, Godzilla etc.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #632
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Edge of Tomorrow was OK.

Oblivion was OK.

Minority Report was OK.

Tom Cruise has appeared in a few OK science fiction movies.

I also think the Mission Impossible films are OK two.

I liked Jack Reacher, it was OK+
    What about Vanilla Sky. Did you miss it out on porpoise.
    I just can't remember ever having seen it.

3. Lounge   -   #633
    Speaking of fillums with a V in the title, I (re) watched V for Vendetta the other night.

I like that.

I say this knowing that if Chavis reads this post he will tell me it was pish compared to the graphic novel.

However I have never read the graphic novel.

Sew it goes.

4. Lounge   -   #634
    Bit of a heads up, I have been having a bit of bother accessing torrent sites using the normal browsers.

https://1337x.to/ being my fave.

However if I use Tor, no probs.

5. Lounge   -   #635
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Speaking of fillums with a V in the title, I (re) watched V for Vendetta the other night.

I like that.

I say this knowing that if Chavis reads this post he will tell me it was pish compared to the graphic novel.

However I have never read the graphic novel.

Sew it goes.
    Macks agreement, that film is koala tea.

6. Lounge   -   #636
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm looking forward to the Ghost In the Shell film. I'm no manga nor anime fag but Ghost in the Shell is something I've followed for years - the films, series, made-for-tv films, the whole arise origin stuff.

When I heard that Scarlett Johansson, a white american would be playing Motoko I thought that's dumb. But after watching the trailer I'm now looking forward to it. Looks like The Puppet Master will be the villain, I was hoping they'd go for The Laughing Man but I suppose it makes cents to start at the beginning.

I'd post the trailer but my phone browser would never allow it

7. Lounge   -   #637
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    It's okay, I wouldn't watch it anyhow.

Anime fag
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #638
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Provided he hasn't risen and subsequently descended to the wankpit control station; I think I know something movie related before the Canadian oracle:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/legendarys-dune-movie/
    I'm sure it's going to be fantastic considering Legendary Pictures has such a strong track record with fims like Warcraft,Jonathan Hex, Seventh Son, Godzilla etc.
    Well just maybe I didn't know anything about that and can only name about three or four film making companies, tops, and that's only if I remember what the lion one is called.

I'll look forward to it with no preconceptions, just as my innocence deserves
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Lounge   -   #639
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Why do you think he's been neutered in this one, Idol?
    Usually they withhold the long lost kid trope until further down the lifecycle of a series when they have either run out of ideas or the star is beginning to get a little too long in the tooth to be believable in action scenes ( ie Die Hard. Rocky. Indiana Jones etc) .
    It's basically little more than a hail Mary pass to which nothing good ever happens ( ie Die Hard.Rocky. Indiana Jones etc).

That and in this particular case it dertracts sgnificantly from the whole premise of the character who is suppose to be this epitome of an outsider.He is also suppose to be sort of this unstoppable force of justice which isn't helped by him being not even the biggest badass in the film. In the first movie the villan(s) only survived up until the point he uncovered and confronted them. In this movie he actually at several points runs from them.

Then there's the whole "partner" bit. Action heroes of this type don't have partners, they have sidekicks which sometimes rise to the occasion or in the case of "buddy" movies like Lethal Weapon the partner is a screwup or at least a a significantly lesser threat. Not so in this film.

I appreciate that they chose to give a woman a strong part but if someone else is capable of doing what the hero does then there is not too much real point to the hero, is there?
    That makes a lot of sense to me, cheers. It's probably why the author only chose to bring the possible offspring story-line into the series after 16 installments.
    I don't recall the burd being anything like a 'partner' in the book, btw, so it will be interesting for me to sit there while watching it and occasionally shake my head disapprovingly, as is my wont.

It was the clockster on this very forum who recommended the Reacher novels. Wonder if he got his beautiful RX7 up and running

10. Lounge   -   #640
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    It's okay, I wouldn't watch it anyhow.

Anime fag
    I don't look forward to any non Tom Cruise science fiction because even the good Oscar winning films like Gravity are Bullock and even the truly great films like 2001 still aren't To Kill a Mockingbird.

If I were to look forward to one though it would be Passengers because it appears to have something to do with Jennifer Lawrence's tits.

Respect my lack of authority.