Page 697 of 741 FirstFirst ... 197597647687694695696697698699700707 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 7406

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    As of the 20th he was still posting on his other board so we can assume that he is fine and just....
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #6962
    Anon's sudden, unexplained absence has got me thinking. What a cunt. Now this may sound crazy at first but bear with me. Basically everyone who has ever been a member of FST has disappeared, more often than not without a trace. To the astute, clear case of a serial killer. Maybe Manker faked his own death like in that Mr. Christie novel And Then there Were None. "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

3. Lounge   -   #6963
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I believe as a result of the many pay walls I went though lately or perhaps the number of rabbit holes I went down in recent months... well this this appeared in my email around noon and I thought it was humorous enough for this thread... not saying my friend Idol is right, "I know how this turns out..." ... perish that thought ...but we may be looking at just the tip of the iceberg.

It is a lengthy podcast podcast link, but might, just might hold your interest a bit...

Let others no what you think.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #6964
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    By the way, where's anon? Don't think I've seen him since coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Based entirely on what I've learned about non-European, non-North American countries from movies and TV, my guess is he's been eaten by a large predator. Most likely a crocodile or a tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Still haven't seen anon since coming back from my summer sojourn...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I hope he is doing well, I really do...
    As of the 20th he was still posting on his other board so we can assume that he is fine and just....
    Sorry, guys. I decided to take a break when I saw the postcount requirements had been raised again (always done without prompting or warning the staff that actually have to deal with it), but it lasted much longer than I intended or it should have. Thanks for your concern and sorry for causing it to begin with

PS: if the British hadn't failed to invade us in 1806, this would be a civilized country with a police box in every corner and a Victorian maid in every home (as you can see my knowledge of Europe comes from movies and TV too).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Lounge   -   #6965
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    You're not done yet, Stehle...
    Damn right! This is America. Just sue your doctor, get awarded millions in damages and buy another doctor!

...huh? That's not how it works?

6. Lounge   -   #6966
    Hey, has anyone been messing around with "AI"?

A friend got me interested in it months ago. Cool stuff.
    With "AI" I have been quite amazed once you get past the "spin" that some news organizations put out there on it.
    I've been meaning to try AI-generated artwork, just to get first-hand experience on how prompts work and whether you really can make it draw whatever you can think of given enough training data.

Most of the criticism seems to come from people who either expect results to be perfect or are afraid Skynet will take their jobs. Given the current state of this technology, I don't think either will happen in a long time... an assistive role (like the one you're looking for) is a far more realistic approach.
    Last edited by anon; 10-02-2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Typo

7. Lounge   -   #6967
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Speaking of vagrants, anyone ever hear from/about Macky?
    I assume when anyone from Japan drops of the face of the Earth they either watched the wrong videotape or went into a haunted forest or got nuked by the U.S. If a giant monster ate them it I think it would have made the news
    Macky is playing hanafuda with manker, Artemis and sear in Ryugu-jo because that's thematically appropriate... and consistent with observable facts, sadly enough.
    Last edited by anon; 10-02-2023 at 10:07 AM. Reason: "I saw you here four days ago... well, it was about more than a year ago in this world."

8. Lounge   -   #6968
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Canada will never be forgotten , we will always be remembered for our great socialized health care
    I'm sorry to hear that. Everyone knows those who can't afford treatment should just die (there's too many of them anyway). But here's something from Canada that makes up for your communist approach to medicine

9. Lounge   -   #6969
    I clicked on one gun related link and now YouTube won't stop recommending gun videos. How do I tell YouTube to fuck off?
    https://www.youtube.com/history_controls

This works. In theory.

10. Lounge   -   #6970
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Sorry, guys. I decided to take a break when I saw the postcount requirements had been raised again....
    I'm thinking that's some sort of code for "I had to do 30 days in County for exposing myself to a bunch of high school girls at a Old Navy". Shay say that you shouldn't feel ashamed because we've all been there, done that.