Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 7 of 613 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107507 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 6128

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

  1. #61
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394


    It was better in the olden days, apparently.
    Unfortunately the oldest F1 days I can remember were Nigel Mansell winning in the fastest car. I've never watched a race all the way thro', let alone a qualifying session.

    Same with horsing. Frankie Dettori is a genious. No he isn't, he just rode the fastest horses.
    And what the actual fuck is dressage anyway. The most bigly still horse? Never watched it, I might be wrong.

    Sailing/canoeing/rowing is alright since there are no engines involved. Cycling is borderline because some of those bikes cos about 7,000 so there's going to be some tech there to give the Sky boys a huge advantage because, let's face it, UK were always shite at bikes up to around 2008. Now we're the best at every discipline for some reason (it's money). I like track cycling though (since 2008).

    I almost forgot where I was going with that, but it was that I like sporting participants to compete against each other without all the shite.
    Like what they do in boxing. That's probably my favourite.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  2. Lounge   -   #62
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16,867
    Biking is great now, turns out if you have asthma you can take performance enhancing drugs to level the playing field.

    That logic is like a man born with no legs becoming the best bikeist in the World because they gave him bionic ones ... to level the playing field.

  3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16,867
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I almost forgot where I was going with that, but it was that I like sporting participants to compete against each other without all the shite.
    Like what they do in boxing. That's probably my favourite.
    Nathan Cleverly has a BSc in Maths (yes there is a fucking "s" in it) from Cardiff University.

    He is World Light-Heavyweight champion (WBA). Former WBO champion at the same weight.

    Who calls their wean Nathan.

  4. Lounge   -   #64
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I almost forgot where I was going with that, but it was that I like sporting participants to compete against each other without all the shite.
    Like what they do in boxing. That's probably my favourite.
    Nathan Cleverly has a BSc in Maths (yes there is a fucking "s" in it) from Cardiff University.

    He is World Light-Heavyweight champion (WBA). Former WBO champion at the same weight.

    Who calls their wean Nathan.
    I wasn't clever enough to do maths at university. The good ones don't give a fuck how 'good' your B in Pure and Stats was.
    Had to revert to beanism after A-Levels, to my initial chagrin. It was fine though, turned out the course was a breeze and I got away with taking way more drugs and barely coherent freshers than would have been possible in a dry course like pure maths where hard sums were required. Thinking about it, I would have probably done all that anyway, got a 2:2 in maths and ended up being a civil servant.

    The Cleverleys live on the same street my Dad grew up on in Cefn Fforest.
    Calzaghe went to my school, he was a few years above, and WBC lightweight Champion Gavin Rees was a couple of years below me.

    It's what some tabloids might term a hot-bed of boxing around here. And there's me with wrists like celery.
    Thighs of steel, though, I'm still playing footie. What I'm saying is that you'd better knock me out with your first punch, motherfucker, or you'll never catch me
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #65
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16,867
    I could snap your thigh like a twig, with one punch... brothermucker.

    In other thoughts, I watched Grimsby, the fillum not the shithole, yesterday.

    I don't usually like Sasha Barton Coyne but I did laugh a bit at it. In spite of my bets efforts.

  6. Lounge   -   #66
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    30,606
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Biking is great now, turns out if you have asthma you can take performance enhancing drugs to level the playing field.

    That logic is like a man born with no legs becoming the best bikeist in the World because they gave him bionic ones ... to level the playing field.
    Medical exceptions are a valid thing and aren't unique to cycling. Of the cases revealed in the Russian hack the only one that is highly suspicious is the one for Sir Bradley Wiggins. Even discounting the choice of drugs, the timing is just too suspect.

    http://cyclingtips.com/2016/09/team-...real-concerns/
    Respect my lack of authority.

  7. Lounge   -   #67
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    I really liked him in the 11 O'Clock show, I either grew up or he's been shite ever since.
    However, if Grimsby can make a dour Scotch laugh out loud, I might nick it.

    I just made myself remember Daisy Donovan. Bloody hell. I think she's why I like posh English burds.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  8. Lounge   -   #68
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Biking is great now, turns out if you have asthma you can take performance enhancing drugs to level the playing field.

    That logic is like a man born with no legs becoming the best bikeist in the World because they gave him bionic ones ... to level the playing field.
    Medical exceptions are a valid thing and aren't unique to cycling. Of the cases revealed in the Russian hack the only one that is highly suspicious is the one for Sir Bradley Wiggins. Even discounting the choice of drugs, the timing is just too suspect.

    http://cyclingtips.com/2016/09/team-...real-concerns/
    I agree to an extent, but then when, medically, would be a better time for Wiggins not to be suffering from asthma? I can't think of a more opportune moment than during hard parts of a 21 day bicycle jaunt.

    If you say that TUEs are okay, then timing has little to do with it. The ethics comes down to the choice of drugs administered and the levels thereof.
    In this case, he clearly shouldn't have been allowed to ship a boatload of banned steroids when other, admittedly less effective, remedies are available.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  9. Lounge   -   #69
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    30,606
    When taking performance enhancing drugs the timing has everything to do with it.


    I do however agree that the Jews are behind it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

  10. Lounge   -   #70
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    32,394
    What I mean is that if you agree with TUEs, because that guy or girl needs these drugs, then obviously you're going to also have to agree that it's a good thing to take them when the body is at its highest stress levels; i.e. competition.

    The timing is only going to be suspicious and can therefore be discounted. What's more important is the type of drug and what effect it has one one's ability to run/swim/pedal fastly.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

Page 7 of 613 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107507 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •