Page 83 of 740 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693133183583 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hoi Mulder,

I remember you recently mentioning that you replaced the OS on a Kindle Fire tablet with Android. Would you post a link to a site that would show me how to do that without it being a pain, please. Are there any issues similar to a PC where speakers/touch screen/camera might not work (driver-type stuff)?

We just ordered a couple of gnu ones for the kids. I thought I'd reporpoise at least one of the old ones.

Thank you.

I have the HD 8.9 from 2012. https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-H.../dp/B008GFRE5A
    Last edited by megabyteme; 11-29-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #822
    Is this the best option? https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Jem_Info

Anyone else know about this?

Would it be better to put an official Android firmware/OS on the device?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #823
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    My one was different to yours, I had the newest version of the smallest one, something like 4th or 5th gen 7 inch.

I tried cyanogen which cawked up right when it came time to boot it so I had to sideload FireOS back onto it. Then I tried one called slimrom which worked, all but the camera and the only downside was that it looked blurry and wasn't supported anymore... In the end I just put FireOS back on as it was regrettably better

Half the battle was downgrading the FireOS to a version that would allow for the shenanigans... I'm on a bus right now that smells like burgers. I'll pm you the videos I ewesed later

4. Lounge   -   #824
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Hoi Mancounter

I don't know if you have any Scotch clients, or clients who employ people in Scotchland. If you do then you might want to know that the Scotch Executive are not going to fully implement the increase to the higher rate tax threshold. They can do that from next year.

The Westminster Government are raising the personal allowance to £11,500, the effective rate for higher rate will go from £43,000 to £45,000. However the Scottish Government will announce in mid December that they will be raising it by the inflation rate. So it will go from £43,000 to £43,430. The personal allowance is still controlled by the Westminster Government.

By my simple calculations anyone on £45,000 or more will pay £314 in additional tax.

5. Lounge   -   #825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    My one was different to yours, I had the newest version of the smallest one, something like 4th or 5th gen 7 inch.

I tried cyanogen which cawked up right when it came time to boot it so I had to sideload FireOS back onto it. Then I tried one called slimrom which worked, all but the camera and the only downside was that it looked blurry and wasn't supported anymore... In the end I just put FireOS back on as it was regrettably better

Half the battle was downgrading the FireOS to a version that would allow for the shenanigans... I'm on a bus right now that smells like burgers. I'll pm you the videos I ewesed later
    Your journey, as well as your decision to put FireOS back on tell me a lot. I have not been unhappy with Fire, I mostly want to use Play Store and some of the lost Android features. I look forward to seeing the video, but I may just opt to add the Google Guts Stuff on it and delete all the crap my kids have loaded it up with.

Thank you for your help!

6. Lounge   -   #826
    You need to delete some pm's, someone's been a chatty Cathy

7. Lounge   -   #827
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    The Westminster Government are raising the personal allowance to £11,500, the effective rate for higher rate will go from £43,000 to £45,000.
    I could swear that the last time I had to deal with that crap the threshold was around 23,000 or 24,000 GBP. Which probably dates me.

Time flies when you are having fun.

8. Lounge   -   #828
    Fuck yeah, Vikings is back on tomorrow!

9. Lounge   -   #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    You need to delete some pm's, someone's been a chatty Cathy
    Sorry about that, I find that if I leave space, Idol and Shay just fill it up again. Best to just leave it full.

10. Lounge   -   #830
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Sorry about that, I find that if I leave space, Idol and Shay just fill it up again.
    You seem to be confusing your inbox with your wife's.
    Respect my lack of authority.