Page 242 of 741 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 7410

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    Westworld 1 is probably the best TV show I have ever seen... perhaps The Handmaid's Tale as well (read the book, absolutely epic).

Have seen The Man in the High Castle having only read the start of the book, and thought Season 1 was better than 2. Apparently 3 is in the works...

Any show, essentially, which doesn't try to be politically correct is already better than most IMO.
    You definitely have class ShinShin and I agree with most, but what of GoT? (Fantasy)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Lounge   -   #2412
    Quote Originally Posted by headbody3 View Post
    Stopped following serials after the end of Lost :-)
    I stopped watching Lost mid season 1. I could tell it was just going to be another night time soap opera. The first couple of episodes were great though.

3. Lounge   -   #2413
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Me and t'misses have been going through The Sopranos, it's an absolute treat. I think I only watched them all the once as they were broadcast so some of the stuff that happens is actually surprising. I can remember the way it ended though

The Sopranos, The Wire and The Shield - that's my trifecta of murcin drama. Breaking Bad was good but there will never come a day where I could sit through it all a third time.
    I just watched The Sopranos last fall (always great). It's been a few years since I watched The Shield and The Wire. I've watched Breaking Bad twice myself. I might do it a third time if I can get my stepdad to watch with me. He likes Better Call Saul (I haven't watched it).

With the summer time coming I'm thinking of watching Magnum P.I. from start to end. I've only seen episodes on TV as a kid and a few episodes the past year on WGN.

4. Lounge   -   #2414
    Quote Originally Posted by headbody3 View Post
    Why is there nothing special on the television these days ?
    No original ideas (that are good anyway) and lack of talented writers. Plus, reality TV is much cheaper to make and just as profitable.

5. Lounge   -   #2415
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post

With the summer time coming I'm thinking of watching Magnum P.I. from start to end. I've only seen episodes on TV as a kid and a few episodes the past year on WGN.
    They made a reboot. It's amazing how bad you can make something that was once good. Also note that of course they had to recast Higgins as a woman and make Magnum ethic and for reasons yet unknown sort of unattractive and unlikable.

Still on a scale doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as remaking Papillon as no one can touch Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman so what's the point?

What the feck is next, Butch Cassidy with Zac Effron and John Cena?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #2416
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Still on a scale doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as remaking Papillon as no one can touch Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman so what's the point?
    This is the first I've heard of this. I'm outraged. One of my absolute favorites of all time. I hope it brings plague and destruction upon all who dare touch the project.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #2417
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    You definitely have class ShinShin and I agree with most, but what of GoT? (Fantasy)
    Haha glad we’re on the same page.

I haven’t seen Game of Thrones but I’ve heard it’s very addictive!!
    Last edited by ShinShin; 06-15-2018 at 10:25 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #2418
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster

Yeah I remember seeing the trailer the other day at the theatres and cringing...

9. Lounge   -   #2419
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post

They made a reboot. It's amazing how bad you can make something that was once good. Also note that of course they had to recast Higgins as a woman and make Magnum ethic and for reasons yet unknown sort of unattractive and unlikable.

I didn't know they made a reboot of Magnum. Would never watch it anyway. Just like Hawaii 5-0 and MacGyver. I'll never watch Total Recall with Colin Farrell. Conan Barbarian remake, nope.

Unfortunately most popular movies get remade.

10. Lounge   -   #2420
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Note to Mulder. State of Decay 2 sucketh big time.
    Respect my lack of authority.