Page 691 of 742 FirstFirst ... 191591641681688689690691692693694701741 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 7411

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I played with matches.

Without incident.

Put on some good shows, too.
    Perhaps a kindred spirit? Yes, we all set out down a path perhaps in the same way...

Hey, has anyone been messing around with "AI"?

A friend got me interested in it months ago. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-09-2023 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Checking spelling, text single spacing, eye tracking, general diminished memories and cognitive functions 1:48 PM to 2:30PM
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Lounge   -   #6902
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Wow.

Never got beyond garden-variety larger-than-legal-in-my-state stuff; nothing like what you're talking about.

One time my buddies and I were on a cliff above the Stonington Peninsula in Upper Michigan, and the crowd that had gathered below us to watch the fireworks shows across Little Bay De Noc in Escanaba and Gladstone (a couple of miles away) ended-up turning their lawn-chairs around to watch ours instead.

We were terribly self-impressed.

Relative to AI, I've had reason to wonder if it is messing with me - my political leanings have occasionally attracted unwanted attention.

Some funny things have happened, here-and-there.

I have a friend who was in DC on 1/6/21 who received a visit from the FBI; he subsequently told me - among other more relevant subjects - they inquired about ME.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #6903
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Wow...

Never got beyond garden-variety larger-than-legal-in-my-state stuff; nothing like what you're talking about...

Relative to AI, I've had reason to wonder if....
    Yeah, figured you might want read it. I just luv writing those stories...

They say... the truth sets you free.

With "AI" I have been quite amazed once you get past the "spin" that some news organizations put out there on it.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-10-2023 at 04:07 AM. Reason: G.MT.A.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #6904
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've seen Demon Seed and The Terminator and 2001: A Space Odyssey and War Games and Electric Dreams and Transcendence so I know how this turns out.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #6905
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I've seen Demon Seed and The Terminator and 2001: A Space Odyssey and War Games and Electric Dreams and Transcendence so I know how this turns out.
    Yeah, I guess you do then.

(Running late, gotta date, more a lot later about AI and rabbit holes.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-10-2023 at 04:04 AM. Reason: AI Stuff... Trust Me.

6. Lounge   -   #6906
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    How can I put this… a few things haven’t gone as expected with the surgeries. The pain, though different, or moderating, (more of an annoyance now), is a constant reminder and keeps me at odds mentally.

I have one surgery left a few months from now and I hope for the best.

I truly believe my memories or my mind may be slowly degrading. I know the signs.

For some reason I was hoping AI might help with my journals and manuscripts to tell one last story… probably asking too much… perhaps not human enough… {chuckle} …we’ll just have to see.

I just wanted to thank you all here now that I may have interacted with for the fun, smiles and laughs and putting up with my sorry ass indeed …a good run, should it come to that.

Hopefully, I’ll pop in from time to time if things change for the better, but this post will stay. I have a routine you know!

Anyways...

“Thanks!”

When one chapter closes, a new chapter begins.

7. Lounge   -   #6907
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You're not done yet, Stehle...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #6908
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    This honestly makes me very sad so I prayed to God to spare you and take Meg instead.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #6909
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Greetz from Dubai.

Liked Doha better.

Off to KSA next.

Bye.

PS: In all seriousness,just spent a week in Lisbon and surroundings. Really liked it. Would highly recommend if you have not been already. Fuck Spain.

10. Lounge   -   #6910
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There are always good reasons to keep going, Stehle. A sunrise. A laugh with (or at) friends. Pets-- I am constantly surprised at how much joy my rats give me. Movies. Books. Pissing off people you don't like. Beer. Idol says a hand job from a complete stranger after performing in a drag show. Shay says rolling around in a pile of money. Anon goes on covert missions. RealtY bathes in the blood of innocents.

The point is to find something good each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.