Page 48 of 740 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950515898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

That def plays a role. I'd dare to say that people's like/dislike of primary candidates is the most important factor in choosing a candidate. Few would admit it however. And it's impossible to ignore that the high disapproval ratings played a part in sending votes beyond the main two candidates. Another reason may be that despite the rhetoric surrounding Clintrump and the overwhelming amount of polarization they created, they weren't really much different on paper. When you remove the bits that a lot of people focused on (Clinton: woman, first woman president, blah blah) (Trump: controversial immigration, loudmouth, celebrity, orange, blah blah) and just looked at policy, they were almost the same candidate, focused on more war and more protectionist policies. Again I think that just goes to show that it was never about policy with most people, it was about him and her. People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.
    Yeah man.

My point was that the votes for the minor candidates weren't just because democrat voters didn't like Hilary and were still sulking about Bernie, it was also because repubs didn't like Trump.
    That the big increase of this type of vote is pretty evenly split between the two factors, in my view, and that in essence the sharp increase didn't matter too much re. the outcome.

I'd be surprised if it directly caused any state to go red instead of blue or vice versa.
    Got it. And I tend to agree. The vast majority of the third (etc) party vote went to Gary Johnson which would have largely been taking votes from Trump. Jill Stein's few thousand votes would have gone to Clinton but not enough to make any difference.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #472
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Or it could be that the vast majority of young people who are liberal and whose votes could have tipped the election the other way were confused and thought that posting anti-Trump messages on social media was the same as voting.

And they don't have a problem protesting on the streets, and maybe causing some trouble to boot

DON"T BOO!! VOTE!!
    ya right!!

But you could say that at a lot of Bernie Sanders rallies, quite a few were not old enough to vote either....
    They're protesting that Trump is going to destroy America while they riot and destroy as much as possible.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #473
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You guys get a lot of these irony riots.
    'It's terrible, the police are killing black folk -- LET'S KILL THE POLICE'
    'It's awful, Trump's gonna destroy America -- LET'S DESTROY IT FIRST'
    'It's disastrous, Katrina's ruined all the stores' perishable goods - LET'S STEAL THE NON-PERISHABLES'

That last one is a stretch but w/e it's pure Simpsons, I imagine there's some footage of Moe Szyslak inciting the mob with similar statements.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #474
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You folks will be glad to know that after last week's terrible decision to stay in to watch the rugby, I'm off out today to a pub as nature intended.

It'll be weird as none of my mates care at all about politics. Here is some gay minute thing or whatever they're called:

manker: Yeah I'm out, it'll be good to not talk about the election.
    notmanker: Was I supposed to vote? My missus didn't so I didn't think I had to
    manker: No, dewd. The USA election, Trump won it.
    notmanker: ...
    notmanker: Get a fucking life will you, that's all they're on about on facebook as well. Who gives a shit.
    notmanker: And if you bring Carling for the train again you'll be wearing it, gaylord.

51_zps8d953452.gif
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #475
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Carling. How could ewe.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #476
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I purpose that we attack the bored with a broken jar of comas in protestant at all the bad grammer.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #477
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Stayed in to watch the rugby....not a terrible decision but disappointed to lose by a point to the Aussies. Cracking game though.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #478
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Stayed in to watch the rugby....not a terrible decision but disappointed to lose by a point to the Aussies. Cracking game though.
    I believe there is a law that the stralians must beat the scotch in any marginal game.

9. Lounge   -   #479
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I purpose that we attack the bored with a broken jar of comas in protestant at all the bad grammer.
    JP's been doing that for years, mate.
    He's started abusing the humble apostrophe now, too, but I didn't like to mention it. You know how he gets.

Also, what's everyone got against Carling all of a sudden. I brought a jug of it back from the bar and the looks I got, you'd think I'd shit on their nan.
    I blame those swanky faux spit-n-sawdust micro brewery pubs that charge you £5 for a pint of something that's been fermented in an alimentary canal.
    Beer should taste like beer, you twats. Unless it's Budweiser, which is also quite nice but doesn't taste much like beer.

10. Lounge   -   #480
    Yeah, those craft beers are all shite, as far as I've tried. Five squids for a small bottle around my ways

I only ever buy them because they have no alternative. I'd prefer a Red Stripe. More easy vibe.
    Now go away.