Thread: How to keep seeding after i change folder or file names?

Hello,

how do You keep seeding torrent even after you change name of the folder that is part of the torrent or move files up one level in directory structure and then deleting folder that is part of the torrent.

I like some structure of my library, but some torrents do not fit my structure. Any workarounds you are using? Thx for sharing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I know the latest uTorrent can relocate individual files. You should check your client's documentation if you're using something else.

Remember that if you deleted part of a torrent's files and want to partial-seed what you've got left, the piece(s) they belonged to will have to be redownloaded.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    When I rename I just keep the root folder name the same of the release, make sure my release is in there with its contents matching the torrent details (no extracted files etc), then I can put that and other folders into groups wherever in specific named structures.
    Once that is done tell your client to relocate the files, point to the new root directory for each new torrent. It should auto discover, or qbittorrent does... Hit play, success!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I know in uTorrent you right click on the item, go to advanced and click on set download location. In addition to the download location it'll also let you change the destination name. If that doesn't work you can always just delete the torrent and add it again.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    manojsharma
    Good to know so much information about torrent downloading and seeding. Thanks for sharing.