Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel Centrino

Poster
    I've heard the adverts for those on the radio - I gotta get one so I can play mp3s & videos and connect to a wireless network. AMD really are a long way behind in that aren't they?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Smurfette@26 November 2003 - 19:07
    I've heard the adverts for those on the radio - I gotta get one so I can play mp3s & videos and connect to a wireless network. AMD really are a long way behind in that aren't they?
    Behind in what? They have Mobile AMD CPU's but Intel is cornering the stupid market on laptops because of their 'centrino' solution.

If a company, like sony, wants centrino cpu's for their laptops, they have to go with the centrino CPU, intel's own centrino made motherboard, and stupid and soon outdated centrino B wireless, or they dont get any of it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    @John

completle right. G is out and so i guess B is outdated now i guess.

centrinos are different because they have twice as much cache,and are lighter. thats it. you dont have to have a centrino to go on a network. they have network cards and most people who buy a centrino dont know that.

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    But try and buy a centrino chip by itself? hah! I havnt seen a place yet to tell them OEM or out of box.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Hmm looks like my point was lost. Serves me right.

What I was getting at is that Intel's marketing ploy seems to be to word the capabilities as though the features are not available with any other brand or chipset. This really does piss me off because they are playing on the ignorance of many computer buyers.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    you really can't blame them, there so much money to be made, and its a dog eat dog world, if AMD had the technology they'd market it the same way. Thats just how things work in corporate america

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@25 November 2003 - 03:08
    http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1800

Brought to you by the wonder world of google.
    *Estimated time, 40 seconds.
    40 seconds?

quite slow for google

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Duffman3@28 November 2003 - 02:11
    you really can't blame them, there so much money to be made, and its a dog eat dog world, if AMD had the technology they'd market it the same way. Thats just how things work in corporate america
    Yes I know how it works but that doesn't mean I (or you) have to like it. Really, we shouldn't have to put up with it because it's misleading.

In the UK we have a company named Currys who advertise that they check so many thousand prices every week to make sure we're not paying too much in their store. Bullshit, what they're doing is checking out how much other companies are charging and aligning their own prices so they don't undersell anything.

Perhaps the problem I have is really with the dumbasses that believe this shit - like people that think PC World really are "stamping down on prices" and are therefore a cheap supplier of computers/peripherals/parts.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    6+ hours battery life with Centrino. Not too shabby, eh?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    yeah thats the best there is

4.5 hours i think is second

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12