Thread: RIP newsbin.com

first off, sorry if this has been posted before.

Im now just coming back to newsgroups as my primary source (been using on and off since, well, i had dual 56k modems). the private tracker i had been using switched box's and their speed to me was gimped.

Upon investigating the scene again, and trying to remember all my old logins/pw, i saw that newsbin.com indexer was down-apparantly for a while now.

I had to make a thread to mourn its loss. It was the greatest site i have ever used. it was always there for me, and i did not mind paying ~1 us cent a day for access. So raise a glass to newsbin.com!

p.s. i cant find the login button for ghosts of usenet - i have an account(it takes me to register then says registers closed) just cant find the login button, damn germans.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by misfitzx138 View Post
    p.s. i cant find the login button for ghosts of usenet - i have an account(it takes me to register then says registers closed) just cant find the login button, damn germans.
    Not a member, but I see a "Log in or register" link in the top left corner of their homepage (and logging in is the default unless you tell it you don't have an account).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by misfitzx138 View Post

Lol. I thought I was the only one going bunkers. I used the quick navigation tab below the site banner.