Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Well Maybe

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Oh I think it's a given, the Judges were just pointing out that a referendum can actually achieve such a thing on it's own and Parliament will actually have to do it.

The Commons will never vote against it, if the Supreme Court forces them into actually doing their job.

What about the Lords though.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    If America has a left wing version of Trump, then could you please send him or her over? thnx in advance.
    You can have the original.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    If America has a left wing version of Trump, then could you please send him or her over? thnx in advance.
    Born in New York City to wealthy upper-middle class English parents, Johnson was educated at the European School of Brussels, Ashdown House School, and Eton College. He studied Classics at Balliol College, Oxford, where he was elected president of the Oxford Union in 1986.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Born in New York City to wealthy upper-middle class English parents, Johnson was educated at the European School of Brussels, Ashdown House School, and Eton College. He studied Classics at Balliol College, Oxford, where he was elected president of the Oxford Union in 1986.
    Is this Dwayne? He'll definitely appeal to the masses.
    It'll be a close run thing between him and Lineker but Gary's got my vote since he came through with the pants.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post

It'll be a close run thing between him and Lineker but Gary's got my vote since he came through with the pants.
    Unfortunately it sounds a heck of a lot like Boris. Which it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Boris may well be a "left wing version of Trump", but he's still slightly right of Attila the Hun.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    BREXIT DEFEATED IN THE HOUSE OF LORDS
    That has a nice ring to it.

How true the old Lords stereotype of curmudgeonly entrenched UK all the way or no way half blind fox-hunting foreigner hating octogenerian holds nowadays is difficult to ascertain.
    I would say, though, that if it's even a bit true, it'll get through.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Unfortunately it sounds a heck of a lot like Boris. Which it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson
    It's a good job you're here with the guidance, m8.
    Ben must be whelmed with hepballs if he thinks one of the main instigators of Brexit is the man to keep us in. Likewise Cabellero with his kind but misguided offer of Trump for the job.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

It's a good job you're here with the guidance, m8.
    Ben must be whelmed with hepballs if he thinks one of the main instigators of Brexit is the man to keep us in. Likewise Cabellero with his kind but misguided offer of Trump for the job.
    Boris swings whichever whey you point him in.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

How true the old Lords stereotype of curmudgeonly entrenched UK all the way or no way half blind fox-hunting foreigner hating octogenerian holds nowadays is difficult to ascertain.
    How many of them have a vested financial interested in the strength of the pound and it's trade with Europe.

Who also through an accident of birth don't have to give a feck about democracy or who votes for them.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi

How many of them have a vested financial interested in the strength of the pound and it's trade with Europe.

Who also through an accident of birth don't have to give a feck about democracy or who votes for them.
    No idea about the first part. Some of them, definitely.
    All of them for the last part, which gives remainers hope. Non-accountability ftw

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast