Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Well Maybe

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

How many of them have a vested financial interested in the strength of the pound and it's trade with Europe.

Who also through an accident of birth don't have to give a feck about democracy or who votes for them.
    No idea about the first part. Some of them, definitely.
    All of them for the last part, which gives remainers hope. Non-accountability ftw
    Realistically if the commons are forced to vote on it they will vote yes.

If the lords try to block it then it will be forced through anyway.

However that will slow the process down and may even force a general election.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    At which time, Lineker can leap to the fore.

===

I'm just going to take your word for all of this. If I don't express an opinion either way then it can't whip-crack across my face and beat down my spirit like an errant step-child.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    I wonder if the Brits have already realized what leaving the EU means in view of the extra costs it will bring and the isolation that will cause... Or is it still too early?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    I think a lot of people vote a certain way just for spite. That usually just makes things worse. The USA is proof of that right now.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thefireman View Post
    I wonder if the Brits have already realized what leaving the EU means in view of the extra costs it will bring and the isolation that will cause... Or is it still too early?
    You can not really blame them. This is down to the naivety of the government; first the Labour Party and then the Conservatives. If you allow freedom of movement and allow 3 million Eastern Europeans into the country over 10 years.then Brexit is more likely than not.

You can't blame the Eastern Europeans either, if you get £2/hour for your job but can do the same job a £40, 2 hour plane ride away and get paid a minimum of £7.50 for a similar job then that's a great incentive to try it out.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    If you allow freedom of movement and allow 3 million Eastern Europeans into the country over 10 years.then Brexit is more likely than not.
    Oh come one, if you want to engage in Trumpian math then at least scale the true number up by a factor of 10. Make it huge! Like, the biggest ever!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-are-in-work

7. Lounge   -   #27
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Brexit, the bigest clownery in the world's history. But the best question is: to get to where?
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Brexit, the bigest clownery in the world's history. But the best question is: to get to where?
    The rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, basically.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    The current US white house administration takes the cake for biggest clownery in the world's history. Brexit is second.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, basically.
    System.jpg

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast