Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoi, Idol, Make yourself useful-ish...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You seem to know about vitamins and supplements and general nutritional stuffs.

Basically, looking to up my game a bit from a mere:

To an awe-inspiring:

Actually, what should 40+ types be taking (serious question)?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I sense a trap.

Anyway the consensus is that there is very little choose between cheap and expensive multivitamins save a minor increase in bio-availability. Other than that you probably want some with lycopene to help protect your prostate, lutein for your eyes, magnesium because it helps regulate blood pressure, zinc and ample amounts of vitamins A,E and Bs. What you don't want is iron (unless you happen to be a woman) or calcium not because it's bad but because there is strong evidence that it blocks the absorption of the other stuff.

Other than that like with most things it's a matter of personal preference and what you are able to get your hands on.

A plethora of choices to research/ mull over/ ignore.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...questid=378219
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Or just get One a Day or Centrum.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Also some Omega-3 because it may slow down your ever increasing senility.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Have a fucking banana, you monkey.

Don't eat shite all the time and your body won't turn into a fucking cancerous bouncy castle. Fuck vitamins, eat vegetables like a normal person.

Also, Idol is this section's equivalent to Bones off of Star Trek. He only saves the important ones. By absolute spastic luck. Back in 2009 he complained about a date he went on. Something about her not measuring up to his expectations.

Smeg, don't take advice from this quack.
    Last edited by chalice; 11-05-2016 at 07:13 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Back in 2009 he complained about a date he went on. Something about her not measuring up to his expectations.
    This sounds like an interesting piece of lore...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Back in 2009 he complained about a date he went on. Something about her not measuring up to his expectations.
    This sounds like an interesting piece of lore...
    Yes, well, I retain stuff. It's prolly the reason I get away with so much.

He did go on a date, though. It's stamped on my frontal lobe. The memories also churn up lawnmowers. I do not know why.

8. Lounge   -   #8

Don't eat shite all the time and your body won't turn into a fucking cancerous bouncy castle. Fuck vitamins, eat vegetables like a normal person.

Also, Idol is this section's equivalent to Bones off of Star Trek. He only saves the important ones. By absolute spastic luck. Back in 2009 he complained about a date he went on. Something about her not measuring up to his expectations.

Meg asked me about vitamins and supplements, not if they are superior in any way to getting his essential nutrients from natural sources. If he had I might have quackishly offered that vitamin and mineral supplements are only really needed by people who are not getting what they should from food, people with some sort of illness or medical condition or people experiencing abnormal amounts of stress, notably athletes undergoing very heavy training and me whenever I log onto this shit board.

I would suggest though that as we age, exercise becomes more not less necessary if we want to maintain our health.

Also I can say most unequivocally that I never posted that which you are attributing to me, sir.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Something about ... not measuring up to ...expectations.

Yes, well, I retain stuff.
    Are you sure that you are not simply confusing it with the entirety of your life.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Meg asked me about vitamins and supplements, not if they are superior in any way to getting his essential nutrients from natural sources. If he had I might have quackishly offered that vitamin and mineral supplements are only really needed by people who are not getting what they should from food, people with some sort of illness or medical condition or people experiencing abnormal amounts of stress, notably athletes undergoing very heavy training and me whenever I log onto this shit board.

I would suggest though that as we age, exercise becomes more not less necessary if we want to maintain our health.

Also I can say most unequivocally that I never posted that which you are attributing to me, sir.
    Man, you did. You made an uncharacteristic remark about a female you'd reportedly broken sandwiches with. I know this because I know this. Please don't make me search.

Hey, I was pleased for you. I'm sure she was knocked the fuck out with your lawn mowing techniques.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast