Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Trumped"

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I still don't think he wanted to win this, he just wanted to increase his market "value" in negotiations with NBC for the next season of The Apprentice or some other dumbfuck show.
    This is a pretty dumb theory. He's been looking for the right time to run for nearly two decades. He's done it to feed his megalomania.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I still don't think he wanted to win this, he just wanted to increase his market "value" in negotiations with NBC for the next season of The Apprentice or some other dumbfuck show.

Remember when he was so amazed that he could shoot anyone in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue and would get away with it?

I do believe that was genuine.
    That's ridiculous. He could have dropped out at any time. He didn't have to fly all over the country campaigning and stay up tweeting until 4am if he didn't want to win. And NBC cancelled his Apprentice show so clearly not a strategy there.

I do think as mbm said that his ego fed much of his intentions. And he may have been more surprised than anyone when he actually did well and received the nomination. But now that he's won and sitting in the Oval Office going through the transitional motions, I'm sure there's a feeling of "wtf have I gotten myself into". I'm hoping that he's humbled by the next two months and has a different attitude for four years. I'm not too optimistic though.

And all these twatbags running around yelling about racism and sexism and such is just as infuriating. We have clear and established laws regarding those sorts of civil rights issues and they aren't going to be overturned. What people should be worried about is his protectionist/nationalist policies and what their effects will be.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #23
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    [
    And all these twatbags running around yelling about racism and sexism and such is just as infuriating. We have clear and established laws regarding those sorts of civil rights issues and they aren't going to be overturned. What people should be worried about is his protectionist/nationalist policies and what their effects will be.
    There's old legislation providing some protections against discrimination, but it's a dynamic situation. New discrimination laws are being proposed constantly, and additional protections against discrimination are getting blocked in houses as well. Some are overtly - ist (voter ID laws by design approach, bathroom laws, workplace laws), whereas others just allow personal judgment to flourish (stop and frisk, personal drug possession). It's really not hard to find a plethora of examples for these.

You'd realize this if you weren't so fucking complacent, white boy. It's not just Trump and the across the board concerns with his ability to serve that office, it's also the empowerment of a regressive movement.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    "Deplorables" trumped Clinton!..
    There is a possibility Trump will be a good president. It is possible that he will replace Obamacare with something that is more suitable for the needs of the American people. It is possible that a lot of blue-collar workers will find jobs under his administration... We just have to wait and see!
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    There is a possibility Trump will be a good president. It is possible that he will replace Obamacare with something that is more suitable for the needs of the American people. It is possible that a lot of blue-collar workers will find jobs under his administration... We just have to wait and see!
    You are usually smarter than this, Oleg. Having an off day?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...stephen-bannon

Well, Meg, you do have to admit that it's starting out so fantastically well.

Plus if you go by the whole "lead by example'" thing then everyone can look forward to not paying any taxes for at least the next 18 years.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Fun fact, the majority of Americans now list Facebook as their main source of news. I only wish that I was making this up.

http://www.journalism.org/2016/06/15...ws-media-2016/

The scarier thing, if the possiblity exsisted of anything being scarier, is that your what you gravitate towards online now basically shapes what news you are getting from sites like FB and Twitter. Directed news or something I think it's been called.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...stephen-bannon

Well, Meg, you do have to admit that it's starting out so fantastically well.
    I'm fairly certain the campaign slogan was a typo, it should have read, "Make America gape again."

Fuck.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Fun fact, the majority of Americans now list Facebook as their main source of news. I only wish that I was making this up.
    I saw that on Last Week Tonight. Dark times we live in...

10. Lounge   -   #30

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast