Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Video Game Piracy Dead?

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Sorry Gribley... Only remember this one

Attachment 173089

And was it even able to pirate games then??
    Main gaming console hacked for me was the original Xbox, which came out with emulators that could play most of the old console or mock pc games, I still have a ton of original old consoles (original boxes and working), but now i can play vintage games right on the xbox , and i still play some arcade games on it (Donkey Kong, Krazy Kong, Crystal Castles, ), funny when you try to play sports games from the atari 2600 LOL!!. Plus there is a disk for the Wii as well to play most of the original games in the Nintendo line as well..As you know i am not fond of playing PC games (my 2 boys do), I prefer to play on consoles...

Did they sell Colecovision on your side of the pond?? I never purchased that one....

2. Games   -   #22
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    And was it even able to pirate games then??
    Oh hell, yeah!

I miss Lode Runner. And I always thought that the C64 version of Wolfenstein was the most fun of them all, even today.

3. Games   -   #23
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Oh hell, yeah!
    I miss Lode Runner. And I always thought that the C64 version of Wolfenstein was the most fun of them all, even today.
    I have to say Wolfenstein is you and Gribley's kind of game
    But Lode Runner looks interesting (another donkey kong style game for me), and it was available on the NES system, I probably have it on one of my Emulator disks either on Xbox or Wii, going to check that out..
    Did you ever play the NES version Caballero?? In comparison to the C64??

Edit: I actually think one of the Big Ass Emulator disk actually had C64 games as well??

4. Games   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Use to love to play Lode Runner.That and Pitfall and Frogger.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Games   -   #25
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Use to love to play Lode Runner.That and Pitfall and Frogger.

PS. Funny i just played Frogger the other day LOL!!(Mame of all the arcade game versions on Xbox and Iphone, brings back the younger days of getting drunk(not legal yet) at the arcade hang out (actually met my wife there )..
    Spending time on Mario Bros, Crystal Castles, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pole Position..
    Not fond of.. Defender, Asteroids,

I am going to check you Lode Runner...

6. Games   -   #26
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I just played Pitfall on an original Atari 2600 four weeks ago at the National Videogame Museum.

And no, never spent any time with the NES. More than one stick and one button is too complicated for me...
    Last edited by Caballero; 01-31-2017 at 03:31 AM.

7. Games   -   #27
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I just played Pitfall on an original Atari 2600 four weeks ago at the National Videogame Museum.
    And no, never spent any time with the NES. More than one stick and one button is too complicated for me...
    Now that is funny

Even funnier, i have most of the Atari 2600 games on my Iphone...Tried to play venture, but you need a magnifying glass to see that little square to move around LOL!!
    Xbox has more buttons to play but much easier to see on a 60" screen

What amazes me more, is when i did go to the arcades to play these games and now you can put over 3000 original arcade games on a 8gig disk and play them all..
    But i have to say it was worth it going to the arcade, and waste my $2 considering it was a good excuse to get plastered i met my wife there

Attachment 173094
    Attachment 173095
    Last edited by shaina; 01-31-2017 at 04:53 AM.

8. Games   -   #28
    sadesh
    may i think because of the smartphones

9. Games   -   #29
    Nope it's alive and well.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtcq-uwz4RzM4yxolJrBsMq7ytBYru42uK-p4oabLQTIzFBMmyxQ

10. Games   -   #30
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast