Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Video Game Piracy Dead?

humble bundle and steam summer sales sure did their part. why pirate when so much content is available for a penny?

2. Games   -   #32
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake6 View Post
    humble bundle and steam summer sales sure did their part. why pirate when so much content is available for a penny?

Because steam fucking sucks.

3. Games   -   #33
    Safer to actually own your games rather than rely on a subscription service aka Steam

4. Games   -   #34
    I usually get my warez and consider it a shareware. If i really like it, I'm happy to invest in the game and give the developers my dough..it encourages them to make more.

5. Games   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorbak View Post
    I usually get my warez and consider it a shareware. If i really like it, I'm happy to invest in the game and give the developers my dough..it encourages them to make more.
    I'm the same way. Back in the 90's many games used to get released as shareware so you could try it out. For some reason that faded away. I will grab a cracked copy of a game and if I like it, I'll go out and buy it. The games out today just don't interest me like the games of the late 80's and 90's did. UT 2004 was the last big game I enjoyed. There does seem to be a resurgence of older games (DOS, Win 3.1, Win95/98, WinXP) being released for Windows (7, 8, 10). I wouldn't mind playing Commander Keen again.

6. Games   -   #36
    Piracy leads to multiplayer online authentication which leads to the slow death of single player gaming.

7. Games   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by mojowire View Post
    Piracy leads to multiplayer online authentication which leads to the slow death of single player gaming.
    That has been happening anyway. The shift to multiplayer games really started with the consoles. PCs was almost always single player. Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal Tournament started the change for PCs, but it never took off like it did for consoles. Plus, having multiple players on the same system (uncommon for PC games), made the game studios shift that way. Now PC users get crappy ports of console games.

8. Games   -   #38
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I pirated my first game in probably 5 years. Did not want to support Two Point Hospital but still wanted to check it out. I think esports and the high quality of game clients such as Steam have made game piracy a much more fringe thing. Also streaming sites for music and media have taken away the notion to pirate anything from youth.

9. Games   -   #39
    Eh, Steam isn't so great when you don't have a credit card or PayPal. But I guess that's my fault
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. Games   -   #40
    There was a time when video game trainers rule the net but now they are very hard to find.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast