Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Video Game Piracy Dead?

renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Is video game piracy dead now?? i don't see many new cracks coming out or any torrent files of new games in general much anymore and in more recent years the sales of video games pc included have gone up what do you guys think is it now an era long gone?.

2. Games   -   #2
    Denuvo made things much tougher, but CPY has cracked several games protected by it, and the time gap between releases is every time shorter.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Games   -   #3
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Denuvo made things much tougher, but CPY has cracked several games protected by it, and the time gap between releases is every time shorter.

Very true.

4. Games   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Games still get cracked but they are getting sales from the online only content like multiplayer that the cracked copies don't have access to.
    As games go more the online direction I think you'll see this trend gain momentum. That and the games are getting so big it makes it hard for the average joe with a bandwidth cap, or crappy bandwidth.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    That and the games are getting so big it makes it hard for the average joe with a bandwidth cap, or crappy bandwidth.
    There's a lady by the name of FitGirl who does some awesome, losslessly compressed repacks that are much smaller than "regular" releases. All you need then is a supercomputer to decompress them within a reasonable timeframe, but that synergizes with the supercomputer required for playing most new games anyway.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Games   -   #6
    I've been waiting for a copy of Watchdogs 2 to show up, and I really wish the Vive games would get released, too =(

7. Games   -   #7
    I think that too and mostly for games with multiplayer online gameplay.

8. Games   -   #8
    If the game has online play than yes it is.

9. Games   -   #9
    well fc primal and bf 1 still not cracked yet

10. Games   -   #10
    its not dead but it is dying , the teams are all getting older , they have families , they have responsibilities they didnt have when they all started , at some point you have to , and believe me they will , say "this isnt worth the pain its going to bring " , the only way its going to survive is for a new generation to take over , i mean hell i`m in my mid forties now , when i started in the scene i was in my mid 20`s , i can remember downloading tombraider , the first one , on dial up , hehe , seems a million years ago in terms of tech , my point i guess is that unless someone young and gifted picks up the batten so to speak , this will end , all we see at the min is shitty steam crap popping up here , over and over and over , total junk , but unless someone is willing to take it upon them selves to crack these games , then thats all we got,

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast