Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Is Video Game Piracy Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
    Piracy will not die until everything is in the cloud and nothing is on anyone's hd but a launcher.
    like google stadia.. people are more likely to suscribe to service (tv like netflix, disney+..), streaming videogames service is probably the next step. (pay 2k for a gaming pc every 2 years, or rent a close service for 5$ a month?)
    There's no reason to pay 2k for a gaming PC every two years. The GPU has the biggest impact on gaming performance. You might have to upgrade your video card every 2-4 years, depending on what games you play.

I would think you would still need a pretty powerful PC (video card anyways) to play streamed games at a decent performance. Don't know if a server farm could handle it.

2. Games   -   #52
    If you play FPS frame rate is key and you def have to update that vid card if you want to contend. If you are a casual gamer, you can buy PC's prebuilt during the boxing day sales for probably 1.5 that let you stretch it to possibly 3. Again this is not being able to paly at high settings for graphics though.

3. Games   -   #53
    Game piracy will be dead in two years' time... according to pirates. Soon everyone will have to buy their games through legal channels. The war on piracy might soon be over, and it looks like Team Legal Games will be winning this one

4. Games   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by usmanshahidlatif View Post
    Game piracy will be dead in two years' time...
    This sounds scary... or it would if it hadn't been said in some form or another for the last 15 years.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Games   -   #55
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Game piracy will be dead in two years' time... according to pirates.
    I would probably care more if the industry put out more than one good game every four years.
    Seriously, I got more entertainment out of this stupid video than Ubisoft ever gave me anyway.

Respect my lack of authority.

6. Games   -   #56
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    YEAH! Now that's entertainment!!!!

(I love me some... "...ass whoopin!
    ")

Very sad at times though.
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-29-2020 at 12:53 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Games   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Game piracy will be dead in two years' time... according to pirates.
    I would probably care more if the industry put out more than one good game every four years.
    Seriously, I got more entertainment out of this stupid video than Ubisoft ever gave me anyway.
    Probably why I have been playing only old games that have been re-released to work on Windows 7/8/10.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456