Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Video Game Piracy Dead?

Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Samuel View Post
    There was a time when video game trainers rule the net but now they are very hard to find.
    Really because most stuff is online. Offline I think most people got bored of hacking it out, you`ll still get many trainers over at gamecopyworld if you that is your bag

2. Games   -   #42
    Trainers are like No-CDs - largely a memory from more innocent times when all it took to start playing was double-clicking a shortcut, the scene often released games before they were commercially available, and which copy protection they used (if any at all) was irrelevant
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Games   -   #43
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Trainers are like No-CDs - largely a memory from more innocent times when all it took to start playing was double-clicking a shortcut, the scene often released games before they were commercially available, and which copy protection they used (if any at all) was irrelevant
    Clearly we come from around the same era. I did get rid of that "installed" check on autoroute using DOS debug and also a universal VESA driver, much simpler times. Easier on the Amiga as it had memory compare built in to Action Replay so was easy to spot changes before/after security and then you could just ask it nice what functions are addressing that byte damn seems so simple now
    Last edited by Gribley; 12-20-2018 at 03:00 PM.

4. Games   -   #44
    Government are serious on Issues like piracy and there are anti-piracy laws in place to curb such activities.

5. Games   -   #45
    With digital distribution and online sales (Steam/PSN), game piracy i think is dead.

6. Games   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerknee View Post
    With digital distribution and online sales (Steam/PSN), game piracy i think is dead.
    Unless Steam and PSN also give games away for free, I'm not sure I see your point
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Games   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilykevin95 View Post
    Hi......!
    For as long as video game piracy has existed, gamers and the industry have argued about whether the practice really hurts sales of legitimate games. In 2010, the Business Software Alliance estimated that generalized software piracy costs the world $51 billion annually and half a million jobs.
    Thanks.....
    The real numbers are probably much lower than those. 98% of the stuff I pirate, I would never buy anyways.

8. Games   -   #48
    The Switch scene is def not dead!

9. Games   -   #49
    Piracy will not die until everything is in the cloud and nothing is on anyone's hd but a launcher.

10. Games   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
    Piracy will not die until everything is in the cloud and nothing is on anyone's hd but a launcher.
    like google stadia.. people are more likely to suscribe to service (tv like netflix, disney+..), streaming videogames service is probably the next step. (pay 2k for a gaming pc every 2 years, or rent a close service for 5$ a month?)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast